Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 xc 600 45 annaversary, the headlights are very dim when sled is idiling high, tailight is also very dim and the guage lights pretty much dont even work, i was leaning towards a bad ground but dont know where to start, any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Before you start pulling grounds and claening everything I'd make sure that your stator is putting out more than 12 volts. If it is then I'd check and clean the grounds. Usually each area had their own ground, so your problem may be the voltage regulator.

Bryan

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey there i have 99 xc500sp and my lights will go to half brillancy then back to normal. i put this problem up on snowmobileworld and the feedback i got was to look under seat and fuel tank for wires rubbed bare which i did did'nt find nothing then someone said to change my voltage regulator so i did buy and installed a new one. my lights are brighter but due to lack of snow this is as far as i have gone so you might try that. a polaris voltage reg. is 55.00 bucks hopefully it is curied only time will tell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts