Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to put a system in my ford explore

Putting a Pioneer Deck http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10081468&catid=10174#
2 - 10 inch subs (pioneer) http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10060203&catid=11051

just wondering..

do i need a amp...
if so how big...
any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Yes, you'll need an amp to push the subs. The various ways to go about it. They claim they are 350 watts max. I'd personally push about 300 into each. This could be done via a 300watt amp that can be bridged, or a 600 watt amp unbridged. I am by no means a stereo expert, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm personally running 2 10" MTX Subs that are 500 watts max, pushing 450 watts into them via a bridged amp. Works quite well.

There are some stereo guru's on here that I'm sure will reply more productively than I have...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man...

thanks for the input
what do you mean by bridging the amp?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
on some amps you can "bridge" the two channels together. like mine is rated 400x2 meaning 400 watts to the right and 400 watts to the left, when you bridge you will make a mono channel but will run 800 watts. alot of people who are powering subs will do this because you normally get the most noise out of them mono compared to stereo.

you could get a mono block amp or a two channel at about 500-600 watts total. remember to look at rms ratings not max power handling, because the max is for short burst at only cretin frequency's.

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes u will need an amp... go with about a 500 or 600... do not buy a pioneer amp.. they r junk... go with like a good 600w rockford or JL... i love my jensen amp.. its old school.. and pushes anything. ne more questions send me a message i cna help you out...

if i were you.. personally i would go with some JL subs and Amp.. get some 10w1 bout the same price...never have had good luck w/ pioneer amps or subs.. but i do like there decks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.