Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help I have a xlt that does not run well at low rpms. When you pull the plug wires off one at a time the first two change the way the motor runs but the right side plug does not change.I replaced the coil on that side and have switched the carbs with the one in the middle and the problem follows any suggestion on what is wrong with the carb. I have taken it apart and cleaned it as well but no change thank you

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Didn't the monoblock triples come with all three jetted the same? My 95 xcr 600 was, I thought it was the ultra type motor that came jetted different. And as long as your plugs all look good and the same keep them jetted the same, if you have one that is odd looking, richer/leaner then maybe rejet just that one.

· Registered
66 Posts
dtmmil said:
Didn't the monoblock triples come with all three jetted the same? My 95 xcr 600 was, I thought it was the ultra type motor that came jetted different. And as long as your plugs all look good and the same keep them jetted the same, if you have one that is odd looking, richer/leaner then maybe rejet just that one.
nahh they all look good, its running a bit rich now that its warmer out but im done riding for the year unfortunately...

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dtmmil said:
Have you completely disassembled the carb, and made sure you can blow air through all the ports, sounds like you have an idle port plugged.
I took the carb off and cleaned it and made sure I could blow air through the ports,put the carb back on and walla it runs like a charm thank you for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.