Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My zieman trailer needs a new plywood deck. It has a metal (non aluminum) frame.

I contacted my local lumber yard and they steered me toward 3/4" cdx plywood over pressure treated plywood. They said it would hold up just as good as PT plywood especially if I stained it. It's also about 1/2 the price of PT plywood. Anybody have some real world experience they want to share I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Do you plan on keeping it a long time? If so you could look into marine plywood that will last longer than the trailer but is very expensive. If you have plans to sell or upgrade in a few years go with stained cdx. It will hold up just fine.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you plan on keeping it a long time? If so you could look into marine plywood that will last longer than the trailer but is very expensive. If you have plans to sell or upgrade in a few years go with stained cdx. It will hold up just fine.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your advice, trailer is stored in an barn during the summer so it's only the winter months that it's exposed. One lumber yard recommends PT and the other CDX, seems like it's a coin toss on which will last longer. Marine plywood is out of the budget for the trailer and hard to come by in my area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts