Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 ultra tach doesnt work, so i pulled the one from my 93 xlt plugged it in and still nothing
ok problem must be in the sled then. i unplugged the tach there are three wires. 2 yellow and a brown. i have power on both yellow wires (with test light) and the brown wire is ground and is good. anyone seen this? what am i missing??

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
are your lights working? I had this problem and it was a bad lighting coil. Are you sure the ground is good?

·
Registered
414 Posts
make sure to check that your harness running up to the tach didnt fall onto the exhaust and burn...mine did that

·
Registered
482 Posts
usually if it is an AC signal, the tach signal is switched from power to ground, the tach shows you the rate. Unfortunately I have no idea what sends the tach signal... CDI or the stator?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got tach workin ya'll !!! keep this in the back of your mind. it was the voltage regulator. even when i unplugged everything tach still wouldn't work. i plugged in an ac voltmeter and was only showing 7-9 volts. borrowed the reg out of my xlt and wammo! tach works and headlight way brighter. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but in case you guys ever come across this check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts