Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. I want to go snowmobiling in early Feb. It needs to be Wyoming or the Dakotas kinda territory. There are two of us and we want a real nice place to stay, good machines and fun trails (no follow the leader with a pack of blue hairs).

Where should we go? state/area (Jackson Hole? anything better?)
Where should we stay? need a first class place
What should we watch out for? (tired machines/underpowered/yahoos running the place)
What should we look for? (hand warmers on the snowmobile? what type of rental gear - helmet, suit, gloves? any certain type of snowmobile that is best for a rookie?)

Basically, I have no idea what I'm doing (big suprise, huh) but I've always wanted to do this and have the opportunity. We want to play hard in the snow and then eat a great meal and drink many cold, adult beverages.

Thanks in advance.......

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
1. Where to go, I can't help you, unless you are willing to travel to the UP, I dunno where else there is snow.

2. Since I don't know where to send you, I dunno of accomodations [:)]

3. Watch out for people going in the other direction, watch for holes, weird bumps, if you are going across ice, check ice conditions. If driving on wood, go very slow, as carbides catch very easily and could send you through the windshield.

4. I would recommend any Touring model snowmobile. Something like a Polaris Classic 500cc, it has all the goodies on it and should be nice for a rental machine.

·
Registered
975 Posts
And a big fat wallet because some of these rental guys gouge you. (Notice I said SOME, not all because my luck someone on here or knows someone who rents and that'll get some $hit flyin)Polaris-Man is right though. If you're experienced get something that you're comfortable with speed wise. We wouldn't want you or 1 of your buddies to be another statistic that seems to be popping up on here everyother day.Ride to your capabilities.The Classic Touring I think would be the perfect machine as well. Accomodations---sorry not from the area. I'm sure that someone can help you on here with that shortly. Oh ya....Welcome to the forum.Have fun and a safe trip. Mark

G

·
bradbury - I am from SD and a group of us went to Laramie WY over Christmas. The Black Hills had hardly any snow. We stayed at WyCoLo Lodge about 40 mi. north of Laramie. I suggest staying in Laramie and drive to the lodge to get rent the sleds. They had Revs and Summits primarily with a few of the other brands. I have posted many pics of the trip at www.thesledcrew.com then under pictures.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sweet pics.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts