Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so USPS delivers my used reverse kit I bought off ebay, problem 1 , no instructions, so I went to dealer, he makes a quick copy of one for me, now he's a nice guy[:D], so I get home, tear it all apart, and find Im missing parts, no biggy, called the guy, he's sorry, sending parts out tomorrow. The Ebay ad said, "I will throw in all parts for this, everything and some extras. When i called, he said, ooops, sending parts tomorrow. So Im sitting here reading the instructions, and I find that the instructions are for a Gen 2 chassis, dealers back on the $#!^ list.[B)] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a thread for installing, pictures tooo, I can't read, need to see pics!!!! lol. I have pretty much everything, except a large washer for bottom gear where it meets inside of case, the stud that holds the sprockets, and the part that possibly goes behind the sprockets, as there are 2 holes there that look virgin. any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Here's the instructions from my '97 XLT SKS reverse kit. Hope it helps you out.

[attachment=49434]

[attachment=49435]

[attachment=49436]

[attachment=49437]

[attachment=49438]

[attachment=49439]

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
What is the Polaris part number for your reverse kit[?] Mine was 2871154. I have a set of instructions from the one I put on my 97 XLT Limited.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
1995 XLT/XCR Intructions.

[galleryattach=12870] [galleryattach=12869] [galleryattach=12868]

[galleryattach=12867] [galleryattach=12866] [galleryattach=12865]

[galleryattach=12864]

I just added these into my image gallery for the next time someone PMs me wanting them [:D]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
let me know if he gets you everything, i have i dont know how many kits laying around, some i dont even know what theyre to anymore. but i got s#$tloads of parts for them. tried catching you before you bought the one on ebay but then i noticed you said you clicked the buy it now option. have been trying to sell them as complete kits when get time to put them together. but if i can help someone out with some parts ill do that too.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats usually how it always happens with me, thank god for bad luck, cuz then i just would'nt have any. thanks for the instructions though, they will help alot.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey, does anyone happen to know if you are supposed to remove the existing washers/spacers from behind the gears and only use the ones in the reverse kit, or are you supposed to put the new ones in on top of the existing ones? The instructions aren't clear on that, it just says add them. I assume they are for gear alignment so the chain rides right.

thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts