Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '88 eltigre 440 LC that I'm trying to get tuned right, wondering if anyone can give me a hand. I've read up on tuning mikuni's and understand the theory but I got the motor off ebay and my carbs were set a way out of wack so I'm not sure where to start. The sled has the factory twin pipe exhaust in the stock can. I'm in Orangeville Ontario Canada where are elevation is 1476 ft and I'm usually riding in 0 to -20 celcius. I've got it close I think. It won't idle but I might have to just clean out the pilot jets better for that I'm thinking. It's bogging midrange but it takes off like a bat outta #%* once I get into the throttle. Right now my needles are on the second leanest setting with a spacer washer (so...two and a half?) and I'm not sure what the main jets are, too worn to read the size. Any help would be great. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction, I just found out the exhaust I have isn't the stock one. It's the stock twin pipes of the 530 motor (I have the 440). They seem to work pretty well but I'm wondering roughly how much I'll have to upjet to make sure I don't melt her down, plus to I have to drop and notch or two on the needles? I figured out the bog. First time I've really had her going and the guy before me put a purple spring in the primary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts