Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad's thinkibng about lending me a little bit of money so long as a pay him back within a certain period of time. I have 3 grand saved up from this summer.

I just stumbled onto this site, looks to be a shop partnered with an insurance company? Most sleds have light damage. Here are the sleds I am considering,

There is an 08 MXZ 600 SDI Renegade for $4500. It says damge to the left front suspension from an accident. 3616 km on it. (I don't see much)
2010918154855828_25770.jpg

Next is an 08 iq 600rr for $4900 + tax. It has right front suspension damage (It's been ripped off)
20109181557230_25770.jpg
201091815572431_25770.jpg

Price is a big factor here which is why I'm leaning toward the Skidoo because it's looking like it's going to be cheapest (Unless there's something I'm missing)

Maybe the F1000 if people think the others are crap? It'll be a bit of power to get used to but it's a 2008 for $3900. 4700 km. "Small under hood fire".
201091816742500_25770.jpg
201091816743765_25770.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I would say you are better off finding a good running sled for those prices.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A mint condition 08 renegade would run about $7500+. Why not just buy one of these and fix them? That renegade right there is less expensive then some 03 revs and most 05+ revs around here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I like your thinkin here wakeboarder but its hard to know if those are the only problems with the sled you know? You never know if there hidin somethin on it or not and you might think your gettin a good deal which you kind of are but the problems could end up mountin and costin you more than you can afford. Just my opinion here, im nobody to tell a man where to spend his money this is just my thoughts.

·
Registered
443 Posts
For 3000 bucks you could find a nice edge chassis or mxz chassis. From 01 to 03.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the left front of the doo, the side we can't see and the side the picture is showing is the right front.

I wouldn't touch the cat.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
A mint condition 08 renegade would run about $7500+. Why not just buy one of these and fix them? That renegade right there is less expensive then some 03 revs and most 05+ revs around here.
I just looked up the book value of a 08 800 renegade and it says $5840. I know of a 08 XP Everest 800 for 4G that needs nothing. Shop around a little and you can get some decent prices on running sleds,alot better then what you posted anyways.

Those insurance company sleds probably have a salvage title to,makes them worth that much less.

·
Registered
480 Posts
800DOO said:
No nhrider, the left is the side you see.
Ok, thank you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Find a better sled like they said those things are to much and like RMK said the title problems will be hell when you go to sell........

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RMK-KING said:
wakeboarderboy said:
I just looked up the book value of a 08 800 renegade and it says $5840. I know of a 08 XP Everest 800 for 4G that needs nothing. Shop around a little and you can get some decent prices on running sleds,alot better then what you posted anyways.

Those insurance company sleds probably have a salvage title to,makes them worth that much less.
Resale value isn't a big thing for me, I plan on keeping what I buy now for a long time.

Book price for where? Here? It doesn't seem like anyone here understands how expensive sleds are here. Most sleds here are higher then book price, and book price for here is a lot higher then other places, and yes, I have been watching kijiji for a couple of months now.

Plus, I have found a few good deals that have sold within a couple of days of me going to pick them up.

I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but the reason I'm not just buying an 03 edge or whatever is because I don't want one. I'd rather put up with the work, do good work and be extremely happy with the sled I have. I want a rider-foreward sled, and all I want to know is what sled there would be the best for my money and what it's going to take to fix it. As far as I know this place does a lot of servicing and selling of snowmobiles. I have way more confidence in buying a sled from there then from Bill or Randy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well maybe you need to take a road trip check the pros and cons if you can save alot of money just going up the road abit I think I would make the trip....

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/f-renegade-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-W0QQCatIdZ313QQKeywordZrenegadeQQisSearchFormZtrue

·
Registered
480 Posts
What's wrong with these?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-MXZ-X-600-SDI-W0QQAdIdZ230866554

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-2004-SKI-DOO-MXZ-600-SDI-W0QQAdIdZ230846998

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-2006-SKI-DOO-MXZ-500ss-W0QQAdIdZ230845059

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-skidoo-mxz-ski-doo-800-W0QQAdIdZ230797731

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i was 17 once, if i could rewind time i would put the money in the bank, at some point in the next couple years you are going to need it alot more than a stupid sled. you will have the rest of your life to sled so use the money to upgrade vehicles or sit on the cash for when you go to college or out in the world.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nhrider said:
What's wrong with these?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-MXZ-X-600-SDI-W0QQAdIdZ230866554

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-2004-SKI-DOO-MXZ-600-SDI-W0QQAdIdZ230846998

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-2006-SKI-DOO-MXZ-500ss-W0QQAdIdZ230845059

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-skidoo-mxz-ski-doo-800-W0QQAdIdZ230797731
Why pay $4k +/- for an 06 rev when I can get an 08 Rev XP for $4500....

madcow said:
i was 17 once, if i could rewind time i would put the money in the bank, at some point in the next couple years you are going to need it alot more than a stupid sled. you will have the rest of your life to sled so use the money to upgrade vehicles or sit on the cash for when you go to college or out in the world.
Honestly, my hopes are to get an apprenticeship. Of which the province of Ontario almost fully pays for. If that fails, (don't mean to sound like a dick again) my parents are currently paying for both of my sister's university and I do a hell of a lot more work for my parents then my sisters do, so I'm not too concerned(sp).

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
like you said i cant see any damage to the suspension on the renegade that would be your best shot i think, the rotax is a good engine

as long as the shock is good on the iq i dont think you would get into to much money there, but if it is bad its gona cost big money

dont even look at the cat again, if there is a fire there is heat and the newer the sled the more plastic and fiberglass there is and wireing melt and unless you know what caused it it might happen again, just stay away from anything that had to do with a fire unless it is dirt cheap and i mean really dirt cheap

i am big time polaris myself but i tend to stay away from the newer stuff, i know sleds are more expensive up there and i have followed your experience with sleds being gone about a day before you go but hang in there a better one will come along, my experience with Cats has been horrible i will never own another one, if it wasnt for the rotax i wouldnt even consider ski doo either IMO polaris is the has best, the only sleds we dont have trouble with

now i dont wana talk you out of the idea of buyin a broke one cause thats how i got my 99 RMK and it was pretty dam fun workin on it and bring it back form the dead, but being wrecked take alot of value out of the sled and they salvage places dont see this, they try and list them for what you can get a good running one for of the same model, deals will be harder to find this time of year because people are starting to get in the mood for riding, the ideal time is spring and summer and people want rid of them and dont want them sitting in there lots and shops, especially the salvaeg yards

anyway what you spend your money on is your business we jut dont want you to buy something and then regret it, and if i was to pick from these 3 i would take the polaris

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.