Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i could find a carburator kit for a 96 ultra. its a triple. i just started screwing around with it and gas is dumping right thru the carbs. i took out the spark plugs after firing it up for the first time cause is sounded shitty and i pulled the recoil and gas shot out of the spark plug holes. major problem right????? does this sound like the carb need rebuilding or what????
does anyone out there have any input into this problem it would be greatly appreciated, also does anyone know how many turns is correct for this sled with the low idle adjustments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sounds like your floats are stuck open. Just clean them out and you should be fine. Otherwise, you may hav trailered the sleds without shutting off the gas. With fuel in the tank sloshing around during trailing, gas can travel through the carbs, and fill up the cylinders. To get her running, pull the plugs, shut off the ignition, and pull for a while to clear all the fuel in the cylinders. Then put her back together, and fire her up. Go out and rip up the grass this weekend.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Im not real familiar with the ultra, but should'nt you have drain plugs at the bottom front of each cylinder? Turn these out and drain all the gas out that way. Either the floats are stuck or the inlet needle and seats are bad or stuck open. Drop the bowls on the carbs and take out these needles and seats and clean real well. I use regular (gritty) toothpaste and a old toothbrush to clean these with. Works great without any damage done. Then when ya get them back in, make sure they go in and out of the seats with ease.

·
Registered
957 Posts
you can get a kit with gaskets, and a new needle and seat set-up from mfg supply (www.sledparts.com) for around $8.00 or go to your shop and get a kit for the Mikuni VM 38 And give them all a good cleaning when you put in the thew gaskets and needle an seat set up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
have known several ultra owners with the drips...(lol) even after replacing neeble and seats...long term solution was to turn off gas after every ride. problem goes away when running...
I dont recomend that you strip the carbs on a triple unless you know how to sync them or have the proper instructions...most any XLT owner could show you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts