Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently got an older skidoo, i think its a 1986 safari, if anyone knows how to get the clutch off of this sled your input would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
what do you mean it wouldn't move at all? did you turn the puller until the head was touching the clutch?

·
Registered
31 Posts
put the puller in tight and tap it a few times with a hammer then try to tighten it once more another tap then and in my experince u can back off the puller and the clutch will fall off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to inform every one, I've done all that and it simply doesn't move, i was taking to some other people and they said that the older Ski-Doo clutches were shot after the were removed, do you guys know anything about that???

·
Registered
815 Posts
i have an 84 saffari and when i had to take the secondary off i need you loosen the motor mounts to get enough clearence.

·
Registered
815 Posts
so re safaris classified as vintage now hahah

·
Registered
29 Posts
We always used a long metric fine treaded bolt forget the right size and a ballbearing kind of redneck but we dont have a clutch puller but it works

·
Registered
489 Posts
spray some lube on there tighten up the bolt smack it with a hammer a couple of times and tighten it some more and repeat till she falls off u have to pull it off the shaft

1 - 12 of 12 Posts