Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase my 1st sled and was hoping to get some info on which manufacture/model to get.

I will be riding mostly in the Sierra's. Wanting to ride back country, drop off's, and jumps. A sled that will work good for that kind of riding is a must. I've been riding Jet Ski's my whole life and riding pro quad freestyle for about 4 years, so I think I will want a higher powered sled and not a entry level one. I'm 6'7 and about 230 lbs so a sled geared towards a bigger guy aswell. Comfort features are cool but not a must.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
A price range would greatly help narrow down what would suit you best. But I would recommend a Polaris RMK 800. It's a very simple machine with enough power.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
like he said, price range would help

·
Registered
105 Posts
If price dosnt really matter, and you wanna go with somthin new, i've really been diggin on the new polaris dragons latley, sweet looking sleds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price dosen't really matter. I ve been riding friends sleds on and off for about 3 years now. But I was stoked when my sponser for freestyle said they were willing to buy one for me to become a better rider. Hopefully good enough for them to make some money off some vids or comps or something. So I'll probably end up getting two sleds of the same kind. That way there's not much down time after equipment breakage.

Other then riding with my friends I'm really new to this sport and the machines. Another thing I will be seeking info on will be winter riding gear. I normaly just wear my snowboarding chit when I ride with the boys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts