Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just looking for some help from others with mxz 800. I just purchased one so i am really new with the 800's but i wanted to know that when i first start my sled it idles great but then when i take it for a run and stop it will sit at a higher idle maybe around 3500-4000 rpms and idles up and down slightly! After about a minute it will return to a steady idle and be fine!! If i could get some help to see if that is normal with the 800s or if there is a problem somewhere!! Thanks in advance, Benny

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine does it too. I usually just flip the choke on/off quick to reduce the idle back down. I am going to try the screws again this year but last year I didn't have any luck with them... either it would run good at first then run like crap or it would run like crap and then run good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thats great i will have to try it and see how it works out! Thanks for your advice everyone

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to the skidoo dealer here and they said that is normal for the 800s to do that and told me not to worry about it! I got used to it pretty quickly cause it doesn't last to long!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I worked for a dealer for years. Trust me, its not natural. Do what you want but I strongly recomend a leak down test. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know mine is not anything because I have a brand new motor and leakdown shows nothing. I also just cleaned my carbs too with brand new v-force 3 reeds. Plugs look good and it idles fine... just takes a second for it to idle down. The only reason I use my choke to drop the idle is because sometimes I don't want to wait. It's just a quick flip of it not holding it on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey MaxTrax, i have a 02 mxz 800 rer and you said you have V-force 3 reeds!! How do you like them and did you notice any difference?? i was gonna order some this week!! Thanks for the advice everyone!! Cheers

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
A leak test is allways a smart move when you have idle issues, you may not have a leak, but testing is cheap and easy, rebuilding an engine isn't.
Having said that, get your hands on the altitude spec sheet for your sled, it could be that your pilot jet needs to be changed, or just alittle tweak with the air screw.
If you get a race manual it gives a good definition on setting and determining if and how to change pilots and setting the air screw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts