Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered some spi pistons for my xlt, i also ordered some pin bearings for it from shadetree. i ordered 3 letter A bearings because thats what it said for the oem pistons. but when i got them today i noticed that they are different than the ones that were in the engine. so i am wondering if these are the right bearings or not?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the needles on the old ones are alittle shorter then the needles on the new ones. the new ones are silver and the old ones are black. other than that they're the same diameter,and width.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It will be O.K. then. I know when I replaced the wrist pin needle bearings in my Friends dirt bike with a wiseco set-up, The bearing was shorter than the original. I called around to make sure it was right and I was assured by 4, 2-stroke mechanics that that's the way they are. The bike ran great all summer so no problems became of it.

If the inner and outer diameter are the same and there is no up and down movement of the piston when installed on the connecting rod then it should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts