Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear springs are toast, so I bought new stronger rear springs for my 1997 zrt 600. Last night I was trying to put them on and I couldn't get the upper idler wheels off. My buddy says they should just pull right off like they do on his polaris and ski doo. Do I need a puller of some kind?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to me last week when I changed mine out (98 ZL ), sprayed it up with WD40 and lightly tapped the back of it, might have used a socket extension to get more towards the center section. Be patient.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheels do not seem to budge, even with a little wd40 and added heat. Was there a retaining clip on the backside of the wheel? I'm about ready to cut the things right off!

·
Registered
266 Posts
If they're seazed real good you may have to cut them. if you can, take the wheel off [there is a snap ring ]and it may be easier to work on. Don't get frantic if you can't save them. and if you heat them or beat them they're junk. They are a very common bearing that at a bearing distributer only cost around $8.00 a piece versus $21 from Cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts