Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wondering if you can help me out i have a 1993 ski doo mx l/c and im having trouble getting it to run i had it running the other day and now it wont start ok first i only put one spark plug in the motor on the clutch side and i pull it and it starts for like 4-7 seconds then it dies so i pull the same plug and put it on the pullcord side and when i try to start it it flows a flame out the exhaust it only blows a flame when i put a plug on the pullcord side i have cleaned the carbs and cleaned the fuel pump and it still does the same thing when i stick both plugs in it wont do anything it has good compression and good spark if you can please help me out thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
sounds like the recoil side is flooded bad to me. have u tried leaving the plugs out over night to let it dry out? also the needle and seat might be bad or the needle stuck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i did im leaving it sit over night but anyways i took the plugs out and i took all fuel lines from the fuel pump off from the carbs and the other line that comes from the pump to the motor i took that off also and i pulled it over and gas came out and it almost hit the roof of my garage i pulled it over like 50 times and gas is still coming out is there any way to drain the crank to let the gas out or no

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i been pulling it over still and its still coming out but im gunna go pull more tonight and ill let ya know how i made out

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
It will clear out soon. I would tear into the carbs to make sure the needle and seats arent leaking before putting it all back together.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok im not good with carbs but ill tear them apart now what is the seat and the needle and how can you see if its leaking or not thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok everybody i pulled that motor out of that sled becouse i was getting mad so now i took the carbs off from the motor and looked in the holes where the carbs go and i seen something when i pull it over that rotary valve is like stuck when i pull it over its only blocking the side i can get running and the recoil side was open so would that be my problem right there? now i have another rotary valve for it that i had laying around now what do i do how do i change it becouse i know its probley bent i know how to take the oil pump off but do i have to put that rotary vavle a curtain way is that for the timing? please help me out thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just a quick update on that motor i pulled the oil pump off from it and i took the rotary valve off from it and i pulled it over and the rotary valve shaft will not turn when i pull it over it sounds like a ticking noise i took the clutch with my hands and turned it backwards it went a little bit then it stops and its really hard to turn backwards when i turn it backwards the shaft turns but when i pull it over it wont move now whats the problem with that?

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are SOL. The brass gear that turns the rotary valve is stripped. Hafta split the cases to see it. It stripped for a reason- need to figure that out too- rebuild time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry havent wrote back on this one but ya that is stripped i see the gear that turns the shaft i seen peices of it laying around it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts