Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any pointers on installing a tempa flow kit in my 2003 Pro X 700

I just got it in the mail and Im going to be installing it tonight.

Does anyone have pictures of the kit installed?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I don't have any pics of the install but I can help you if any issues come up. Hardest thing to do is the nipple install into the carb cap.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Only thing i can say is read the instructions several times and use the pictures for reference. They seem very confusing but going step by step you will get the idea.. I have done a few and once you understand the principle, it's very easy.
Jetting up to your BASE LINE is probably one of the most important steps.

·
Registered
680 Posts
i brought my sled into a local place today to install the ATACC, it was pretty vague instructions. good luck with the tempaflow

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I ride at 900' and stock jetting works real well in the 700 pro x.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know back before i ordered mine, while i was researching i came across some pictures of the install.

Now i cant seem to find them, but I remember there was a specific spot in the airbox the polaris was suppose to use.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I dont understand why they have you jet up on the mains?

its easier to make jetting fater then leaner when playing with the vent lines.
i know of a guy that builds amazing sleds that leaves jetting as or jets down some, then dials in the tempa flow.

i wont tell anyone to go against the instructions because i am not going to listen to the pm's telling me i blew up there sled.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I run stock jetting on my 700 prox with the T-flow adjusted 1/8 turn lean.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 440 mains (stock)

Says to jet it for -20'

In my factory jetting chart it says for -30' to -10' jet it with 460 mains. Here I bought 430's last week thinking I was suppose to jet it down a notch.

Since everything seems to be rich from the factory would it make sense to leave the 440 mains in it with the tempaflow? or get the 460's

DOHHH![confused]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The only reason to go fatter on the mains is if you plan on running at extremely cold temps. Most sleds will work well with factory or leaner jetting. I've run -35* and lower with factory (fat) jetting as have many and the sled was still rich. The problem comes when people who are new to jetting/tuning looking for shortcuts to get them dialed in. I've learned the hard way, with pistons, that you can't take big jumps and/or shortcuts like the info on websites. Follow the instructions, after reading them a few times over a beverage or two. Then slowly make your plan to install the device. Holtzman has updated his instructions again and are available on his website. He is also a great guy to talk to. Be honest, if you have no clue what you are doing, say so. Much easier to help explain things.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tnmemr said:
The only reason to go fatter on the mains is if you plan on running at extremely cold temps. Most sleds will work well with factory or leaner jetting. I've run -35* and lower with factory (fat) jetting as have many and the sled was still rich. The problem comes when people who are new to jetting/tuning looking for shortcuts to get them dialed in. I've learned the hard way, with pistons, that you can't take big jumps and/or shortcuts like the info on websites. Follow the instructions, after reading them a few times over a beverage or two. Then slowly make your plan to install the device. Holtzman has updated his instructions again and are available on his website. He is also a great guy to talk to. Be honest, if you have no clue what you are doing, say so. Much easier to help explain things.
I turned the heat on in my garage an hour ago.. going to go crack a beer and read the instructions over a few times.

leaning toward stock jetting as xcr440 suggested on his sled.

I run my sled in central MI and lower ontario areas so it never gets very cold.

*** I understand I have to mount the dohicker in the upper half of my airbox. Does anyone know if it matters where? mag side, pto side? center?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
dohicker? The key is to mount the Tempa Flow body and the air tube that the body draws the air from in the same area and elevation as the vent lines and will "see" the same temp. air as is entering the carbs. If your air box has a divider shelf, it is best to mount it below the shelf.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It is a little bit intimidating at first. I just put on in the 01 800. Not sure if that is the same airbox setup as yours or close. My "Dohicky" is on the PTO side, under the shelf. One line is out the side of the airbox (vent) and the larger is out the front toward the carbs.
D

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Big-Bore said:
I have 440 mains (stock)

Says to jet it for -20'

In my factory jetting chart it says for -30' to -10' jet it with 460 mains. Here I bought 430's last week thinking I was suppose to jet it down a notch.

Since everything seems to be rich from the factory would it make sense to leave the 440 mains in it with the tempaflow? or get the 460's

DOHHH![confused]
Do NOT put 460's in it, you don't need them, I ran 460's with an ATACC on a Pro-X 800 and I could have ran 450's. That was with a pipe too. That 700 don't need that big of jets.

Take your time, follow the instructions to a T and it will be the best mod you've ever done to your sled.

Obviously, check your plugs first ride out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tnmemr said:
dohicker? The key is to mount the Tempa Flow body and the air tube that the body draws the air from in the same area and elevation as the vent lines and will "see" the same temp. air as is entering the carbs. If your air box has a divider shelf, it is best to mount it below the shelf.
Dman said:
It is a little bit intimidating at first. I just put on in the 01 800. Not sure if that is the same airbox setup as yours or close. My "Dohicky" is on the PTO side, under the shelf. One line is out the side of the airbox (vent) and the larger is out the front toward the carbs.
D
Both of you say to go under the shelf and the instructions say to make sure the dohicker is mounted above the shelf???? then vent the lines down to the stock ones below the shelf

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if you are trail riding now with 440's that is what i would tune around. if you unhook your vent lines it would jump the jetting close to or fatter than 480's, the tempa flow will have no problem adjusting around your known jetting.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I ran mine above the shelf.

·
Registered
807 Posts
madcow said:
if you are trail riding now with 440's that is what i would tune around. if you unhook your vent lines it would jump the jetting close to or fatter than 480's, the tempa flow will have no problem adjusting around your known jetting.
This is right. If your sled is jetted safely for -20 then thats where you would leave it as a Tempa Flow has zero effect at that temperature. Once the TF has been installed, it is left alone to adjust fuel as madcow stated.

However, some are concerned about bad gas from unknown stations, so they tend to leave richer stock jetting in there and tune using the adjustment on TF.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts