Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i lent my sled to this guy to use for hauling woood and he brang it back and it dont run he said he dont know why he put new plugs inm and cleand the crabs still nothing, Right now we got a heater in there and we will try dumping gas in the motor to see what happens but any ideas about what we could check for or do any help would be awesome. THanks! (its a yamaha vanture 93 500)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
hmm... maybe hauling wood was too muc for it?? i dunno. ask him when it started happening

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welll before he got it we ran it dry and then he said when he got it there it just... wouldnt run

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
usually when you run it dry you get dirt in you carb from the bottom of the tank. if feul is the problem then maybe you feul filter is clogged up.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yea i was out at his house today and we dumped some gas down the carbs and it fried up after 2-3 pulls... the guy said he clean the carbs and put new plugs in.. there are new plugs but i aint buying that he cleand the carbs.. so im guessing its the carbs er the fuel pump.. but we couldnt get to far after that becuase as i was pulling it over the damn rope pulled outta the handle and into the recooil[:(!]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts