Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first of all i dont know jack donkey [email protected]#k about rotax motors. I recently caught wind from a buddy of mine that a guy he knows is selling a Rotax 440 (entire sled) for $200. The reason he's selling it so cheap is that apparently there's some type of device on the front of the motor that turns open upon throttle tension which allows air to/threw the carbs??? Im guessing its Ski-doos alternative to standard butterfly style carbs. Well, problem is that device isnt opening so the sled doesn't accelerate. i need to know what that part is called so i know if its worth buying the sled, fixing it and then selling/keeping it for my son to use. I hope all this makes some sense to someone out there. if not i apologize for sounding like a complete moron. Thanks for any advice!

· Registered
3,502 Posts
what's the model and year of the sled?

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Rotary valve!

· Registered
207 Posts
Not realy an easy fix. The motorwill have to come out and torn down, split the cases remove and replace the rotary valve shaft and bearings, clean everything and put it back together. You will then have to get the rorary valve timed and there you go. Kinda pricey unless you can do it yourself or have a friend who can help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.