Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93' Arctic Cat Lynx 340 and I am having problems with it operating at full throttle. When I operate at slow speeds it is fine, but after having the throttle wide open for about 7 seconds it boggs down and stays that way unless I slow down and left off the gas. This usually happens at about 50 mph, the only remedy I have for this is to turn the choke on half way as I hit 50 and the engine snaps back and I can hit about 70 mph. What is this all about? Help![xx(]

·
Registered
699 Posts
check your fuel filters i had the same problem with my exciter make a long story short my intank fuel filter was dirty so i removed it and in place of it i put a peice of copper tubing and put a inline fuelfilter, just check the fuel filters

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
clogged main jet. If hitting the choke helps, it's not a fuel line flow problem most likly. Although it wouldn't hurt to check that either.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i just thought the fuel line problem might be a little part of the clog because its not letting it get enough gas fast enough so if you use the choke it kinda in theory puts more gas into the engine

·
Registered
802 Posts
Your carb needs cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts