Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new skidoo mxz and it was running fine the last time i started it and when i went to start it today, i gave it full throttle ans it will only go about 10km an hour im confused[:(][V]

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Could use a better description of whats going on.

Is it bogging out, spitting and sputtering, or is the engine running good but it's just not moving?

Is it carb or efi?

If the engine sounds like it is running like crap, it could be fuel, carbs (if it has them), plug wires, or spark plugs...as far as simple things.

If the engine sounds fine, is your belt burning? Could be sticky clutches or a bad belt.

More info will help alot, kinda guessing right now.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by Blackcat
[br]Could use a better description of whats going on.

Is it bogging out, spitting and sputtering, or is the engine running good but it's just not moving?

Is it carb or efi?

If the engine sounds like it is running like crap, it could be fuel, carbs (if it has them), plug wires, or spark plugs...as far as simple things.

If the engine sounds fine, is your belt burning? Could be sticky clutches or a bad belt.

More info will help alot, kinda guessing right now.
Yup, we need more description evan-lowrider.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
sounds like your sled it hurting

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Check your DESS key connection. If the sled isn't running properly it will be beeping at you, your problem is depending on the pattern of beeps, look them up in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
364 Posts
sounds like the dess is working fine to me. try and move it around to get a better connection ... like i sled if the dess is working like it should it will only let the sled rev up so much. and not let the clutch engage.. some times not run at all.
go to your local dealer and have them reprogram you a new dess they are like 25 bucks. but to do that you need to take the sled to them to .oh and if you don't know what a dess is it the thing that looks like a tether and usually has d.e.s.s by it lol just kidding and trying to lighten the mood .look and the sunny side at least it runs.

·
Registered
364 Posts
make Sher all the plug ins are dry and not setting in the water
also check and see if you have water in your carbs if you do your going to need to clean them also check your plug boots they can be wet to after checking each thing see if it runs and then you now what was wrong

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
If you changed the title of this thread to "MXZ will not run right".. you would get more hits then 190.

HELP!!!!!!!! doesn't say much and most people just skim over it ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
from the way its running it sounds like your tether isnt on correctly like some other people were saying i know its not a fouled because mine did the same thing when my tether wasnt on right sounded just like that

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
omg thanks it was just the tether chord, im not used to having one because my old sled didnt have one! and i was just about to bring my sled into the shop...saved me like 200 bucks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts