Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have this 1980 blizzard 9500 and i love it... i have 2 vids on youtube of it from last year and i was still having this problem then... just search nskhellfire blizzard it shud pop up. anyway when i try to start it it backfires threw the carbs and shoots air down it sounds like a schwooooop! and i keep pulling and it starts right up and runs mint and i drive it right and i go kinda slow and then i try to get half throttle and it wont go any faster and then i let off and ease into the throttle and thats when both cylinders fire right up and it launches liek a rocket. I drive for like half a mile and bam it shuts right off liek it seriously gives no warning nothing it shuts right off and it feels liek the motor completely locks up but then i pull it and just sputters and shuts down and then keep trying spray ether in and it starts on 1 cynlinder. Get this. if i turn the key to the off position and it fires 2 cynlinders and to shut it off i have to unplug my plug wires from the head. if i turn the key to on position it fires 1 piston and sounds like total ****. I used my 5500mx key switch and it still did all the same stuff. this blizzard im telling you even the way it is running i completely rip it sideways with a wheelie i mean it is nasty fast but then it just stalls and everything shuts off completely. I did clean the carbs and stuff too... I hope its not a piston.

Later on in the day i had taken my head off and come to find out the right side gasket had 1 corner that was sealed and the head also had sealant on it... could this cause me to lose compression? cos 1 cynlinder has compression and the other one does not have any compression... please help me

1 - 1 of 1 Posts