Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this year I have pulled the engine out of my 85 600 two times. Well Iam going for a third on Wednesday. Reason being my coils. I think they need to be replaced. My dad says that when coils warm up and then cool off over time this ruins the coils and and this causes them to do this. The middle coil works but the two others don't. My dad correct? Is this what causes them to do this. Ran it today and it ran good at first then got warm and ran like shit. Can't reach the coils where they are now so have to remove the engine then remove the mounting plates. THIS SUCKS. Oh well hope it will pay off. Any suggestions
Thanks to all

·
Registered
608 Posts
If it is still sparking it is not your coil. Although a coil that has a break will work untill it warms up and creates a gap, you would lose your spark all together. I would check your fuel mixture and or your chokes before. If your chokes are staying on slightly it will act the same way.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this is good advice. But I failed to mention that they weren't sparking. But I will use your advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey

I'm an automotive mechanic and i see that all the time, so when it gets warm and you lose spark it's alomst cretainly that, but be careful, i've already found a wire on the bottom of my coil this year that gave me the same problem. Hope ya get back out soon!!!!!!!1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts