Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Snowstorm of the Season? Computer models are strongly hinting at a changeover from rain to wet snow late Friday night into midday Saturday, from Duluth to St. Cloud, Willmar and Mankato - where some 5-10"+ amounts are possible. Based on the current storm track precipitation should fall as MOSTLY rain in the immediate metro area, but a couple inches of slush can't be ruled out, especially far western suburbs. If the storm tracks 50-100 miles farther east enough cold air could be in place for significant snow even in the Twin Cities metro. Too early to tell - right now it appears the heaviest snow bands will set up 40-100 miles west of MSP. A little close for comfort. Keep checking back - 4 new computer runs/day - I want to see some consistency and continuity in the models before I get REALLY excited. Right now I'd bet on a few inches of slush in the metro by Saturday night, an inch on the east side of St. Paul, maybe 2-4" or more for the western suburbs.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Wow, I never would have realized it. There's no precipitation in our forecast for this timeframe.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Thanks Rock, I'm stuck in Omaha NE for another week and a half or so. I'm the type of guy to chase 6 or 7 inches too. LOL

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
Thanks Rock, I'm stuck in Omaha NE for another week and a half or so. [highlight=yellow]I'm the type of guy to chase 6 or 7 inches too. LOL[/highlight=yellow]
I KNEW there was something different about YOU!!![Imaposer][hump]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
ultrawillie said:
sledneck1978 said:
Thanks Rock, I'm stuck in Omaha NE for another week and a half or so. [highlight=yellow]I'm the type of guy to chase 6 or 7 inches too. LOL[/highlight=yellow]
Haaahahahahahahahahaaahahahahaha

OH LORD. thats the hardest I've laughed in a LONG time.[Ski]

On a side note, I will have to break in that Pro-R in for you.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sledkneck1978 kinda stepped into that didnt he?[Imaposer]

And I doubt many will let him forget![Twak]

Hey Willie.....didnt he say he was in Omaha? Only two things come from Omaha.......steers and queers.......[Imaposer]

And I dont see any horns......LOL

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
ultrawillie said:
sledneck1978 said:
WOW...I really need to start reading my posts before I submit them LOL. Dang, that was funny as hell though Willie. I'll give ya that. Just know, I'll be scrutinizing EVERY one of your posts from here on out until I can find a suitable comeback[duel]

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
ultrawillie said:
sledneck1978 said:
WOW...I really need to start reading my posts before I submit them LOL. Dang, that was funny as hell though Willie. I'll give ya that. Just know, I'll be scrutinizing EVERY one of your posts from here on out until I can find a suitable comeback[duel]
You know I'm good with that, all in good fun.[thumb]

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sledneck1978 said:
Thanks Rock, I'm stuck in Omaha NE for another week and a half or so. I'm the type of guy to chase 6 or 7 inches too. LOL
I believe thats signature worthy....[thumb]

vvvvv.....Look below....vvvvv[thumb]

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
We will be in trouble IF the storm hits us. No frost in the ground at all = a [email protected]$#!d up winter. The swamps up north are full of water so we need some cold weather for things to freeze up before any snow comes.

And Glenn, no I'm not ready. The sleds still need some work on them and haven't had any time to work on them. Hopefully this weekend and next week. The trucking season is winding down fast so I can finally get some time to get something done.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are now talking 5-8" for the twin cities......I will believe it when I see it.

The season's first winter storm could drop as much as 8 inches of snow across the Twin Cities area on Saturday, the National Weather Service said Friday.

The Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for Saturday for much of southern Minnesota -- from Worthington in the southwest up through the Twin Cities area and into northwestern Wisconsin.

The watch area could see 5 to 8 inches of snow, the Weather Service said, with the "axis of heaviest snow" running right through the Twin Cities. But that could change depending on the storm track.
For Friday, the Twin Cities area is more likely to see some rain later in the day, with a high of 42 degrees. The rain will turn to snow overnight, with a low of about 33. For Saturday, the forecast is for snow with a high of 37

·
Registered
443 Posts
They are maybe thinking a foot now, the area im in is about 6 to 10 inches. and im gunna be out hunting tomorrow in the snow storm.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ultrawillie said:
sledneck1978 said:
Fing owned! high five willy.[thumb]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts