Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as i love polaris, they just do not build a big bore motor that is reliable enough for me to feel comfortable purchasing. I sold my pro-x last week, which was not easy. I loved that sled and put a lot of work into it. However, i decided to go with a 2006 arctic cat crossfire 700 sno pro. Its extremely clean and has many of the mods i would have done myself....

Im not brand biased really, i like all sleds, however, if poo could have built a reliable big motor, i would have gone that route. Until then, i will be riding this.....

P.S. Here is what it has per the owner "bmp stage two clutch kit which converts the secondary into a torsional style clutch with adjustable dalton weights, it also as a amp billet deflection adjuster for the secondary to replace the plastic one that comes on it from the factory, sled has bmp y pipe, bmp 1.5 degree timing key, boysen reeds, hi flow intake, 108 brand new fast trac 1.375 stainless carbide tip studs 25 miles on them, stiffer arctic cat sno pro torsional springs, arctic cat tunnel supports to prevent tunnel from flexing, bergstrom tri point carbides,low profile windsheild, fox float guards, all the shocks have been rebuilt this season with new seals and oil, new ulti-max belt, new bearings in the skid, diamond drive oil flushed and filled, tunnel and all aluminum is polished and sealed"

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That is a beautiful sled with some great updates. I think you will enjoy the sled. Welcome to Arctic Cat. I think you will be surprised and happy with your purchase....beautiful sled again man...

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Nice sled. I love the orange Crossfires. Since when is a Polaris 700 a bad motor? I've never heard of problems with them.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rubi said:
Nice sled. I love the orange Crossfires. Since when is a Polaris 700 a bad motor? I've never heard of problems with them.
Never said it was a bad motor. In fact, the 700 VES and cfi were the last big bores to be reliable. I loved my 700 VES but due to human error, the motor blew up and the chassis was starting to get a lot of miles on it anyways. I figured it was time to upgrade...

Rubi said:
Thanks a lot man. [thumb] Im hoping i will like it. If i can get it to handle as well as my pro-x did, i will be very happy.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Came off an 02 XCSP and bought a 2010 800 Crossfire LE. Loving every minute of it!!!!

The trail manners will be different, not worse just different. The first time I went through some decent stutters it was much different than my old sled. Took a little getting use to and has a different feel that the XCSP. After a few days of trail riding it is like old hat now. I am not a trail railer, more of a medium paced trail rider, but the sled works great for me. I even pulled the sway bar out of it and still enjoy it on the trails.

Off trail, prepare to have sore cheeks from smiling so much. I see you're comming off of a 144x1.25 set up so the difference may not be as great for you as it was for me. Coming off of my short track sled to the 141x1.5 has been awesome. Only get stuck now if I earn it and carving, like a hot knife through butter. Look left, lean, carve left. It's awesome.

After riding my new sled all day Saturday I hoped on my old sled at the end of the day and ran it up and down the road a few times. After about 20 seconds I thought "how did I ever ride this thing?" Night and day difference between the two, and I use to love the set up of my XCSP. Spent a lot of time getting the bars where I wanted them and fidgiting with stuff. No compairison.

Good luck with the new ride!!!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James007 said:
Shes beautiful
Thanks, ive heard a lot of good things about these sleds, i just want it to be reliable. Thats all. Im sick of wrenching on stuff. [thumb]

ShoelessJoe said:
Came off an 02 XCSP and bought a 2010 800 Crossfire LE. Loving every minute of it!!!!

The trail manners will be different, not worse just different. The first time I went through some decent stutters it was much different than my old sled. Took a little getting use to and has a different feel that the XCSP. After a few days of trail riding it is like old hat now. I am not a trail railer, more of a medium paced trail rider, but the sled works great for me. I even pulled the sway bar out of it and still enjoy it on the trails.

Off trail, prepare to have sore cheeks from smiling so much. I see you're comming off of a 144x1.25 set up so the difference may not be as great for you as it was for me. Coming off of my short track sled to the 141x1.5 has been awesome. Only get stuck now if I earn it and carving, like a hot knife through butter. Look left, lean, carve left. It's awesome.

After riding my new sled all day Saturday I hoped on my old sled at the end of the day and ran it up and down the road a few times. After about 20 seconds I thought "how did I ever ride this thing?" Night and day difference between the two, and I use to love the set up of my XCSP. Spent a lot of time getting the bars where I wanted them and fidgiting with stuff. No compairison.

Good luck with the new ride!!!
Great info and thank you. I hope i like it as much as you. It sure is a head turner, thats for sure.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
[Disappointed] You know I have to...But atleast your riding[thumb]
03Pro-X700 said:
As much as i love polaris

now update your info...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Nice sled, you made a great decision by going with Cat. It will handle differently since you are going from a 144" to a 136" so you might get stuck a little more.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Nice buy! Based on what was done, all you need is a good single pipe and some sno-eliminators, and you'll be pretty set. (I'd also opt for a larger lug track, but that's just me.) [thumb]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts