Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WHAT A FRIGGIN BEAST!!! Lol its a 1982 yamaha trimoto3 125 not bad for free only option i added was the classic duct tape to the seat

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
671 Posts
didn't think id ever see one of them again, my friend had an 84 125, i put the engine togher for him, and man it still runs, no gaskets in it or anyhtin, but i didn't think id see one, that beast run good?

Ride Polaris!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
that's identical to the one sitting next to our garage!! i think it's an 80 or 81 though. been trying to get it to run, but the recoil rope broke when i was getting close. awesome three man!

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
671 Posts
whats wrong with that sled in the backround, looks like the hood doesn't go down all the way

Ride Polaris!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my beast runs like a million bucks. as for the sled the hood dont close cuz the pipes are sitting in there without the motor in it. thats my 1983 indy 600 with the 2 different pistons in it.it is on its way to running like new again. and yes it has triple pipes

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xc if it sits for long periods of time your better off cutting a socket extension putting it in a drill with a 3/4 socket putting the drill in reverse and cranking it that way or you will pull for hours and hours also a lil hint to get them running quicker... lean out the mixture for a bit take it from me i know

·
Registered
155 Posts
hey man, can you explain the whole drill/socket thing again? i got an 85 honda 200 that i want to get goin again and the recoil sucks on it. thanks

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know on my three wheeler with the drill in reverse it will spin the motor the right way. now all you have to do is take off the recoil and there is a nut on the flywheel. cut the big end of a socket extension off and grind it down if ya need to to fit in a drill. put the socket on the end of the extension put it on the flywheel nut and crank away. i used a 3/8" socket and extention but i also made one up from a 1/4" scocket welded to a 3/8" socket. i get bored with good things that work good so i try to improve them. lol let me know if ya need more info maybe ill take some pic's later

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
it isn't so bad now, after i cleaned out the stale gas it starts on the second pull with the choke. then it was stuck wot so i cleaned the carb with 'fog' for snowmobiles (didn't have any carb cleaner). that worked, but now when it starts, it runs fine for about 4 secs then dies like it's running out of fuel. might have figured out the problem, but the rope broke just before i got it started, so i have to fix that now. it's really a mess down there, the fuel lines have hardened and i'm not sure which one goes where. i think there's four ir five, so hopefully i have a couple in the right spot. :)

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there should only be 3 gas lines and the oil injection line. on the carb there is 2 overflow lines and the main line coming in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts