Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
That should work but if not just put some fiberglass on the back side of the hood and it will hold strong and u wont hardly even notice it...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that entire black plastic piece that intakes the air is cracked where it bolts to the hood so thats why i put that piece of metal there to keep it from cracking farther until i can fix it properly.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Another thing u could do to stop the crack from spreading is find the smallest drill bit u have and drill a hole through the end of the crack, I did this on my 95 xcr and the crack hasnt spread in 2 yrs..If u really wanted to be safe I would drill it and fiberglass it...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Man dont you hate that first scratch or ding.but it is a simple fix.a body shop can fix the damaged area with two part epoxie glue dont worry its what they use to fix bumper covers on cars.its good stuff.once fixed they will just blend in the area from the ridge where the windsheild goes on.no new stripes or nothing.100-150 bucks should doo it.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yikes! 100-150.. i think ill fix it myself for whatever my uncle gets the epoxy stuff for [:D] ill put some pictures up whenever it gets done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hah! thats nothing, and i really mean nothing, its but a scratch, you shoudl see the hood on my 89 skidoo, 70% duck tape!, too bad a new hood costs mroe than the sled cost.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by RMK-KING
[br]Another thing u could do to stop the crack from spreading is find the smallest drill bit u have and drill a hole through the end of the crack, I did this on my 95 xcr and the crack hasnt spread in 2 yrs..If u really wanted to be safe I would drill it and fiberglass it...
I agree. I had a small crack in the hood of my old 1990 Indy400. I drilled a tiny hole at the end of the crack to prevent it from spreading. Seemed to work.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i was amazed thats all that happened considering how high in the air it was.. just a blessing it landed on its skis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts