Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bro is lookin at a 2000 XC 500 SP, so we were visitin, and I took some pics.

Here's the 500 he's lookin at:

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/2000xc500sp.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/2000xc500spseat.jpg

Here's a 1995 Indy 440, 2003 Yamaha RX-1 and a *insert year here* Roll-O-Flex

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/outside1.jpg

Here's a '70s Ski-doo Olympique, 2001 XC 500 SP and a 2003 Pro X 600 (no not mine)

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/outside2.jpg

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually there is just a little patch by that building there. If you go around the corner of the machine shed there is nothing.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I sure do hope that I can get that sled too.[;)]

I need to put my sled ads up around here now too though... I have no use for 2 sleds.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, I want my Pro X back.

Lookin out my house around 8:30 this morning

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/nov4snow2003.jpg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yup, same thing here there wasnt any snow last night, but today in fargo it looks just like the pic you posted.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Good luck on the sled William. I've always liked the looks of those 45th aniversery 500 sleds.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Supposed to get like 3 inches and no, my pro X has been away since april and I still don't have it back. I've looked at it once since last spring. In the guy who's supposed to be putting new decals on my new hood. Still not done.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not just the decals though. Actually I bet anything my old hood is still on it. I wanna just go get it. Piss on the new hood, old hood is fine.

I have a bent radius rod he was gonna straighten too. That actually HAS to be done. If I had my machine I woulda fixed it a LONG TIME AGO. Take it off, stick it in the press, make it straight. Voila.

There is a slight wind, with a drift along our driveway, about 1/4 mile long, about a foot deep. I wanna tear it up. Lousy a;lskjfawp9oejfisdlkfja

ok

·
Registered
637 Posts
that's sucks.. is it something they were doing out of courtesy for you..? or are you actually paying b/c that's an out of hand long time..!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol

Not too sure what to make of it yet. It's an insurance thing, I hit a deer with the sled, get a new hood for free so I figured y not. But...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Hit a deer, when did that happen.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeez, nobody remembers when I hit the deer!

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/proxdeer1.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/proxdeer2.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/proxdeer4.jpg

I hit that stupid thing last February...

·
Registered
312 Posts
That pic reminds me of my dad's '98 XCR700 - he wrecked it on the lake last year - flipped over the handlebars and landed on the hood - broke the hood into 4 pieces.

So, we went home, grabbed the drill, and about 100 zip ties, and tied the hood back together - it actually worked, and drew a lot of curiousity. I got pics of it somewhere, but dont remember where.

Lasted all winter like that, but closing the hood was a mission - it had this tendency to "fold" in the middle. Once the hood was shut, it was fine. [:D][:D]

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, lotsa ppl told me to just zip tie it back together. I tend to get cranky at these suggestions because I spent like 11 grand on my sled and I don't want ugly zip ties and crap all over my hood. That machine is my baby and I'm gonna keep it MINT.

Plus I have insurance for a reason, and they are the ones who paid for the new hood. I brought the sled away in APRIL to get it fixed. So I would have it back in time. Well, looks like I got free summer storage, but I still don't have my sled back.

BTW, I put on like 800 miles after that happpened... Without zip ties or anything else, worked just fine, I just can't stand cracks in my 11 thousand dollar machine...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Polarisman, I agree 100%, heck I only paid $2000 for my used sled and when I cracked up the hood, it totally bothered me that it wasnt in mint condition anymore. thank god I found a new hood for really cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts