Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an 98 xc 600 with all the edge updates.. so it would basically be a edge but with the old style hood and graphics.. i think those look sweet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh im liking this idea. I have always liked those old standard body sleds. Theres just something about them. Someday its either going to be a 2001 Edge X or 98 XC 700. Those are my favorite sleds of all time.

Now if i could get a 98 XC 700 body with the edge ride and handling, no doubt buyer here.

AKA, indy500 or XCR800_has_balls

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
you could put the suspension off an edge on Gen II. YOu oculdn't do all the edge "updates" cause that would require changing the way the sled is(width, length, etc.) and it would prolly be different enough to bother you. My vote is still an XLT in an EDGE Chassis I think that would kick MAJOR ass. My opinion anyway.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
erick, how are you going to incorporate the multi angle tunnel of the edge into your gen II?? Or is this not necessary for it to operate to it's fullest potential? Sounds like an upgrade such as that would be extremely sweet!! Fabricating stuff is cool so now you've got the gears spinning in my head with a new idea...

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Hmm, i like this idea! Do you think an Edge rear skid will fit into the older "flying wedgie" style sleds with the Xtra-10 removed??? Someone should measure them out; i wonder if it is a direct bolt on...?

·
Registered
277 Posts
How much do you want to spend? If money is no object, get your wedge chassis Polaris, throw in a M-10 rear suspension and a BLT long travel front suspension with 10" of true travel, also by FAST inc. and there you go. Done deal.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I don't think M-10 is a rising-rate suspension; therefore, the Edge (or is that ProX?) rear skid would be better suited for hard ditch bangin'. IMO.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Erick: are you going to put one in your 700 with the Gen II chassis? That would be cool.

·
Registered
671 Posts
u'll probaly have to cut and bend the tunnel to make it work proparly. but if i can find one im gonna dothat to my xlt

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
277 Posts
The M10 with the optional Mvalve shock kit is a rising rate suspension. You also have your choice of 7 different shock packages (fox,ohlins,ryde fx...). Plus the sucker is made to bolt into the wedge chassis with the Polaris mounting hardware. The edge suspension is probably better for ditch banging like you said, but if you want to ditch bang, then get a ditch bangin sled. Not the old wedgester. She was great in her day, but you cant beat technology!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts