Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might get a atv next year... i was thinkn i dont want nothn too big so like a 350-400.. i really like the banshee thats a 350, and the scrambler 400 is nice lookn too, and maybe a blaster but i dunno.. i know its a year away but never to soon to keep an eye out.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Depends on what your lookin for? Banshee's are nice and got some franks and beans if ya know what I mean. The scrambler is automatic which is nice, and that wheeler is nice too, kinda like dual purpose trail and race. Blasters are kinda a rung under the banshee and scrambler, but fun none the less.
If it were me, I think I'd go Banshee.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Banshees are one of the fastest quads on the market..depends on your riding style.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm. i figured it being a 350 means it would be a good all around first atv.. but if its as fast as you say, maybe ill look for somethn a little less than that.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
for a first atv the scrambler would be perfect,in the stock forum it isnt all that fast but has alot of power,and being a automatic you dont have to worry about shifting as your learning to ride..

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
yeh a scrmbler would be a great first quad..I had a yamaha blaster that was mildly modded and I had a blast on that thing..The only problem with that was if you were over 5'10 it felt a little small after riding it for a long period of time..Do you want a pure sport quad or one that will do work to like a sport-utility??

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it will be for messn around with.. my cousin had a bmx track in their pasture he made with their bobcat but he grew out of bikes and into atvs and stuff. so we modified it with some bigger jumps and stuff, thats probably where i will mainly use it.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
A honda 400ex or a suzuki Z400 or polaris preditor would be good quads and suit your riding style by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my cousin rides a 400 ex he seems to like it alot.. i might keep my eyes peeled for a scramber 400.. i think the predator would be a little too much for now.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the scrambler is 481 lbs dry weight so its kinda heavy for jumping but it can be done,i do it!!unless your really nuts it wont jumps as nice as atvs like the others mentioned..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
how big of jumps do you plan on taking?3-5ft isnt bad on the scrambler and once your use to it,it will be nothing..ive gone off 9 ft jumps and got some good air with my scrambler,if the landing wasnt soft sand it might have been ruff but i think id still do it..id go with the z-400 or the 400ex before the blaster..the predator is a sweet machine and perfect for what you wanna do,id buy something that is going to have plenty of power so when you are use to riding you wont have to buy a bigger machine..the predator isnt all that more powerful than the scrambler or 400 ex..if your cousins 400ex is stock thats about how powerful the 2-stroke stock scrambler will be..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im guna be lookn at 2 - 3 grand at the most ill spend.. so thats why the newer ones are kind out. plus this wont be for a year so.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
A yamaha warrior is a good reliable sport quad + it has reverse and electric start..Other wise a used 400ex or a blaster..U can get used blasters in nice shape for under 2G..They are powerful for a 200cc

·
Registered
109 Posts
You could try a warrior it is a 350 but not as fast as the banshee. It also is a four stroke and has electric start and reverse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
in my opinion, Honda fourtrax!! my babe nr.1 [:)]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i just got a 400 ex a while back and i looked for along time before buying and im glad i bought the 400ex. u can get aftermarket parts anywhere reasonable. and the things really hooks up nice on the trails. i think u would have fun on the blaster but u might get sick of it fast unless u get aftermarket shocks and all. the 400ex is got good suspension and decent power

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
just wanted to say dont be affraid to get like a 400ex z400 or preditor for your first quad. cause the 400ex i bought was my first quad besides ridin my dads blaster and trust me which ever u buy in a week or 2 after ridin it and gettin use to it u will be sayin i need more hp.lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
you guys are forgetting two of the greatest machine the lt250r and trx250r [8D]both light and fast with alot of after market stuff for them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts