Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well everyone i picked up this xlt 580 tripple for 1500 bucks tonight...i need to know some stuff does it run on 91 octain only or can i use 87....and also can someone explain where all the carbs gotta be setup after i clean them the seem a bit messed up. and one more thing i need a ski ailignment is that easy anyone have any tips. i am very new to polaris as this is my first one ever.

[attachment=56355]

[attachment=56356]

well i did a compression test on the engine and it only had 100 psi across the engine so ive decided on not risking it and i am going to have my dad buddie do a complete engine rebuild on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Do you still have your ZL!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will always have the zl this is just a beater/water cross sled

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice sled man, those 580's are great sleds, very trail friendly and still pretty quick, to be honest im not sure what my stock settings were on my carbs, mine is piped so jetting is different, should be someone on here that has that info for ya. nice looking sled man have fun with it!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone know what octain of gas to use?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
WHen you align the skis, use long 2X4's (8 or 10 footers if available) to lay next to the ski. Measure the distance apart in front and back to get accurate allignment.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
there should be a sticker on the inside of the hood on the left side that says what kind of gas you should be running and jets etc.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the sticker is all wore off lol...thats why i am asking

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and pat are you sure you can handle all that tripple power...your arms might break off and you will fall off the back.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
^LMAO, That is going to make a mint watercross sled! Imagine just pulling up to someones camp on a sled! I wonder how my old 73 yamaha is going to sink.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Heres a link to how to adjust skis skiis.http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/articles/default.asp?cid=2&aid=4

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Run 91 to be safe!!! Im not sure about the jetting??? As for the skis line up a 2x4 with the track and adjust the skis with the radius rods until the front bolt and rear bolt of the carbides are the same distance! Hope i was a help!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes it is a 93 xlt sp catsrule 06, i cleaned the sticker off under the hood today and it says 88 min octain. so would i be safe with 87 if not no big deal a little octain boost can help. thanks matt i am sure i will enjoy it lol. thanks for the help achotrod.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts