Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys well i went out yesterday and got out there noticed my seld wasnt running that good at first then once it warmed up it started to run better well i was checking plugs around the jugs because i noticed antifreeze at the bottom on the one closest to the clutch well i took the plug out on that side and the diode or what ever you call it that hangs over the part that sticks up toward the thing that looks like a L well it is white. and the smoke smells sweet like antifreezethis top end doesnt have 200 miles on it yet it has mostly been sitting. it is a 90 skidoo safari L/C with i think 3200 miles on it i had to rebuild it because i didnt check for clearance inbetween the heat exchangers and the spikes lesson learned on that deal i wont run another sled with studs on it. so next monday or tuesday i will have have a new gasket kit and hopefully that will fix it. that sucks what do you guys think. nick

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
if it smells sweet then there is a good chance its antifreeze. don't feel bad, we just started to get snow so i pulled my sled out and noticed its idling at 4k, i think my crank seal must have dried up in the last few months and cracked. just make sure you torque everything down in the right order and to spec.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i plane on it. that sucks for you to. well i guess it was going to happen eventually i guess. nick

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys just an update on my sled. it was the head gasket well it the big oring that sits on top of the jug well i took the head off and both where cracked in the same spot i dont see how that happened but anything is possible put it back together and had to take the plugs out about 10 to 15 times for it to get rid of the antifreez but it runs alot better and another ? on the same sled where is the compression going to be at or should be at the compression is good cant hold your thumb over the hole it hurts when it pops it off i figure that is a good sighn but if someone could tell me what is should be that would be really awesome of you. thanks for reading. nick

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
im not sure what compression it is supposed to be at
but I know for modern sleds 125 is in the right erea
when you pulled the head did you replace the head gasket?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i replaced both sides. i figure iam there may as well do it. nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts