Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1000 bucks for a Aaen pipe and can new....Is this true or just another Craigslist pipedream?

http://centralmich.craigslist.org/rvs/2023774557.html

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I saw that this morning to...he wants $500 for it. I guess if he was dumb enough to pay $1000 then thats his problem lol

The one who has the Legend removable heads isnt a bad price.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
No way that was $1000 new, my bet is it was around $475

Head on over to slednutz and ask GotMud about it, he had an Aaen on his D7 and is getting one for his new assault. So he should be able to quote you a new price.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw madcow was lurking and I knew he was a dealer for Aaen
By the price listing it would be close to a grand if you next day air'd them in.....ouch

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Probably more in the $800 price range. Full exhaust systems(pipe, y-pipe, can) will actually cost you over a grand. Still $500 bucks isnt all that bad of a deal if it still in good shape.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
From their Site, the pipe is $525, the can is $345, and who knows the what the y-pipe is.

So when he says $1000 new, he is not that far off at all.

$500 obo isn't that bad of a price actually as it looks mint.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jesse500 said:
From their Site, the pipe is $525, the can is $345, and who knows the what the y-pipe is.

no y pipe in the photo

that equals to 100 dollars a hp,,, price to hp gain. double ouch. To each their own

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
dodger said:
jesse500 said:

no y pipe in the photo

that equals to 100 dollars a hp,,, price to hp gain. double ouch. To each their own
In perspective its actually cheap horsepower. Just doesnt seem like it.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
there website is a little off on some of the prices. but yeah with shipping and ceramic coating it could be close to a grand retail.

without ceramic i think retail would be close to 700 and i would sell for something around 600 plus or minus some money depeding on shipping.

the big thing on the edges is the 20 lbs weight loss. even is it made zero hp, 20 lbs of wieght loss is amazing!! it opens up a lot of room by the chain case.

i try to keep in touch with aaen. once in a while they will have a special. last year i got a box of 250 chisel tooths for 120 bucks. thats about 50% off of retail price!! they had a sale last fall for a discontinued pipe for the edges that they sold for 199$.

I have sold more aaen stuff than slp stuff. people really like there single pipe. they run well, have the most wieght savings of any pipe out there. hp numbers are different but performance seems to be the same when comparing to an slp pipe. the big thing is that with slp sometimes you have to get heads to run there pipes on sea level.

aaen also has a lot cheaper clutch kit, usually on the twins its add some weight and give her hell. the other companys usually sell you weights, springs and helix for 200-300 bucks.

i like aaens old school of thought. rpms equal hp. his twin 800 edge pipes spin at 8700 rpm!!! there making hp! its hard to build an engine to make more hp at the same rpm.
on the 600 they move the hp up 200 rpm. 200 rpm is a couple more mph on the top end plus a couple more mph from added hp and wieght loss. in the 1000' radar runs 25 lbs consistantly was 1 mph on my sled at 160 hp. on a 120 hp sled it could be bigger.

on the asphalt with this pipe aaen went 3/4 of a second quicker and 4mph faster than stock pipe.

polaris sleds havent really gotten into the Y pipe thing like the others. apparently the aftermarket thought the stock Y pipe is good enough.

http://aaenperformance.com/Polaris_600_edge.asp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts