Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone riding a rev: what has your top speed been? I have a 600 that will only get up to 104 at WOT... kinda disapointing..
for 04' skidoo does away with the beavertail. any one had any trouble w/it?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
When you say it only gets up to 104, I'm assuming your talking kph, and not mph. Because 104 mph is quite respectable for a 600. Keep in mind, speedo's are never accurate.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by Tfin70
[br]When you say it only gets up to 104, I'm assuming your talking kph, and not mph. Because 104 mph is quite respectable for a 600. Keep in mind, speedo's are never accurate.
I hope hes not talking about KM/H because that is very poor... 60 MPH!? Thats what a 377 should hit...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I know, but 104mph for a 600 is actually pretty good though. That was my point. [;)]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
You think so? i would have thought that was about average... Not bad, but not great... Somewhere in the middle...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I suppose it would depend on which way the speedo was off (as much as +/- 12 mph) so as much as 116 mph (highly doubtful) or as low as 92 mph (definately disappointing).

So I guess, yeah 104 would be "middle of the road" sort of speak. But I wouldn't call it disappointing. JMO

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
well a 800 rev only goes bout 114 mph on the radars up here

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
yea what xlt said!They were made for racing basiccly/accleration...not top speed.Sure u can make them fast, but they wernt made for top speed.the were made to beat the others out of corners!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have never seen a speedo that read slow, too my knowledge they all read fast. So you are probably closer to upper 90s 100.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
At 104 on speedo your likely running about 100,witch is alright,keep in mind these sleds are more for snowcross,not top end.top end speed is more of a tripples domain.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I seen new vipers do 119 out of the box, old mxz 700 doo 115 (new). my buddy's 03' 500xcsp does 112 out of the box, for the wide open country around here 104 WOT just dont cut it but the ride cant be beat .

for example...NSRA race tomorow anual nome-golovin race (90mi. there 90mi. back ,all cross country follows iditarod trail average speeds are 80-90mph finish times under 2 hours!) will only be a spectator for it but well worth the trip.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
my blair morgan rev does 117 which is awesome. if your rev 600 does 104 on the speedo, thats pretty damn respectable. my 01' 800 mxzx would barely do that stock. we had a demo rev 600 h.o. on lake gogebic that would run about the same as yours and my 01' could barely catch it. remember that mfg speedos are usually extremely "happy". and some of those speeds posted by others earlier in this topic seem "happy" as well. have you match raced your buddies yet??? i think you would be suprised what yours is capable of!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I understand that the rev is a snow crosser from square one, and ive already done some shit ida not on my old polecat(lol) went to white mountain on sat. to watch race, several revs 2 800s 1 440 1 600. of a field of 48 revs took the hole shot but all fell behind the leaders in the open strech . of 48 almost half DNF w/some awsome wrecks only one serios injury (brocken back) of the revs one 800 broke allen bolt on lower center shock mount (he did not replace them after studding track) the other ran out of gas a few miles from finnish the 440 realy surprised me fastest of the rev and the only one with a respectable finnish, the winning time was 2hr13min by evan booth on a polaris.
I have match raced my budys i smokem till about 70-75mph then they blow by me unless the trail gets realy rough then i just bounce right on through, not bad for a 250 lb. guy who drinks too much bud. i still may regear this sled anybody who has any suggestions speak up .
also, on 97 mi. trip burnrd 9.6 gal of gas (way too close!) gonna get a tour buddy, dont feel like becoming a corpsicle just yet!

·
Registered
312 Posts
i'm sorry luvemal,, but if his speedo says 104,,he's definatly going slower then 100 ,, i ran the radars several times and some times i cuold of swore on my mothers head that according to my speedo i was at least 130 ,, but radar would always say between 118 and 121,, that's sometimes less the 10mph .....so if his speedo says 104 , in reality ,, he's probably going somewhere around 92 to 96mph.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
acadian you should know that not all sleds are the same even from the factory so u have no clue what his speed was if his speedo said 104..it could be off 0-10 +or- mph or even more so just because u seen what your sled said on the speedo and radar doesnt mean they are all like yours sorry

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the 104 i refer to is from the digital display (odometer) which switces to mph when you go over 65. the speed shown on analog spedos is usualy the most acurate in the center of its range, which can vary between models (on the rev it very optamisticly tops at 200mph!) but all speed is relative to track rpm and not ground speed, knowing this gives you a baseline to compare with. actual ground speeds will change w/snow, temp,incline,alt.,wind,weight,etc... but keeping track of speed at the track will be more consistant but still relative.

yes the H.O. performs better all-round

·
Registered
312 Posts
hey Ken420 , it's nothing for sure and i damn well know that that the speedos aren't all the same and readings can go off ,, but i don't even know if you've ever gone to a radar race or got clocked yourself ,, but i'm there at least every 2 week-ends and i go with the odds , all my buddies that try the radars tell me that SAME THING ,, and you know what , they don't all have 97 t-cats like me ,, 800zrt's (96 to 2001) a couple Rejan Houle Championship series MachZ's (no REV's),, couple vipers, many polaris's ,, and they ALLLLLLLL have told me the same thing ,,,what they see on speedo and what's given to them after on the radar is usually 95% of the time 8 to 12mph slower then what it said on the speedo,,,

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I would have to agree with acadian, the speedos are most likely going to be 8-10 mph faster than what you are really going, I have never seen one that is 8-10 mph slower. The faster you go, the more the speedo's get off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts