Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The owner said it ran good, I could not test it because there was no snow. When I got it home I tried to start it but the key did not work so I changed the solenoid switch, it would start some times so I but a new ignition switch in and now it starts but has no power. I found the rubber boot that goes to the turbo had a crack in it and fixed it but still now power and there is a small electrical switch Valve boost control that has vacuum hoses to the turbo and it it has three ports but only two have rubber lines in it, I don't know what the third one is for. I think it is called a valve boost control Anyone know how to hook up a fuel pressure gauge, Any help would be great Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I did not get any help from anyone no big deal, luck for me I have been working on Hot rod rods most of my life so I pulled the tank and the vacuum canister lins had a small hole in it from a hose clamp and I cleaned up all the grounds. Now it fires up and is running good, I have to put in new spark plugs and going for a ride

·
Registered
388 Posts
I also had the 08 turbo. During the factory assembly they had quite a few that had the wiring harness pinched when the engine was installed.. Eventually the harness would short out and require replacing. Polaris replaced mine under warranty but when the engine was moved for its harness reinstall, the oil return line was loosened. First ride after the harness replacement lost oil an immediately front crank bearing started knocking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try removing, cleaning and working the TPS. The throttle positioning sensors get sticky on those things and if you work tyem or hit tyem with a shot of electrical cleaner, they can come back to life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts