Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I have been reading in your forum for a couple weeks and just thought that I'd chime in and say hello. I think I miss my sled already, esp cause didn't get much snow around here (Regina, Sask. Canada).
I have put some pics from a trip my Dad and I took 2 years ago to The Pasquia Hill in northern Saskatchean, on my web site (link below). We stayed in a tent for 3 days, saw 3 moose, 10 other sleds, and rode 250 miles. Overnight lows were -8 degrees C, beautiful, weather, trails, scenery. The toboggans were to get our gear to the camp-site deep in the bush.
I look forward to reading from you all.

http://www.digitalportraitstudios.com/sled/index.htm

Here is a shot of my 99 500XC, I love it, and it's plenty quick enough.
My motto is "Ride to ride again".

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, last attachment didn't seem to work.
HERE is my sled.
/polarisman/../images/users/500fasEnuf/500xc.jpg

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hay there! Nice snowmobile you got there. Welcome to the forum. As you can probably tell, things have gotten real slow around here. The summer time is usually slow and things pick up again in late August to September. Hope to see you around all summer!

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! good to see that even tho its summer People are still joining.

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Hey, good to see more canucks here!

Welcome to the forum...

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Man those sleds were "freighted"!!! A bunch of buds and myself went on a trip like that, except to a camp. But you could only reach it by snowmobile. Our dogsled was freighted as well, kept tipping over when we went over any snow banks. We had a blast though. Oh yeah, and welcome.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Tif70,
When you say "freighted" do you mean loaded down?
If so, your right about the weight, but these toboggans have UHMW on the bottom, so once you get them going you hardly know that they are there, accept going down hills, they tend to really push on you, gotta be cafefull not to jack-knife them.
I don't understand why more people aren't on this BBS in the summer.
Talking about sleds/sledding seems to keep down my withdrawl symtoms.
TTYL
Kev

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, thats what I ment. Sounds like your sleds were a little better than ours. We just used standard dogsleds with the steel skis. They actually went pretty good to, but you're right, going down hill could be a little tricky.

I've only been on this forum since Nov but its definately slowed down a lot since March. Some people seem to be still talking about sleds on ocation, but I guess its hard to stay focused when it's 70 outside. I imagine it will definately pick up again come Sept or so. Lot's of good snowmobiling knowledge around here.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts