Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Hi EvErY oNe!

896 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Student Driver 
#1 ·
hey every1 im new here an i have a polaris 440 and 14 years old soo i was wondering wat a good sled choice would be for a step up from the polaris 440 (oh and its a 1992 version) would be also i live in revelstoke THE SNOEMOBILING CAPITAL OF CANADA!!!..ya anyway if you have ever sleded in revy please say and if you have any tips on wat sled i should get next please say thanks

#2 ·
RMK or other longtrack. Just don't think you need a 700 or 800 because you don't. Welcome to the site, its a great place with umlimited knowledge.

#3 ·
Find yourself a RMK 600, Summit 600, Mountain Cat/Powder Special 600, or Mountain Max 600. Any of those would be a good step up from your 440. Whichever sled you like best, is in the best condition and is in your price range is the one to buy.

#4 ·
yep any 600 will be great

#5 ·
Originally posted by shortstop20
[br]Find yourself a RMK 600, Summit 600, Mountain Cat/Powder Special 600, or Mountain Max 600. Any of those would be a good step up from your 440. Whichever sled you like best, is in the best condition and is in your price range is the one to buy.
Exactly
And when you do buy it, don't spend everything on it as there are always things that you will want to set it up for you.
You know, bar risers, skis, what ever.

#6 ·
Welcome to the site
I ride Revy as much as I can along with Golden
I would look into a 600 Rev Summit platform if looking for new, or even the ZX would be a good choice.
I suggest to talk to your fellow Revy dwellers and do some test runs, talk to the RSR ( www.sledrevelstoke.com ) lots would help you out there also
I hear Boulder cabin has only 3 steps showing, better get up there sounds like some good conditions finaly

#7 ·
ya my buddy aka chicken wing is up in revy right now and im so jealous of him. he get to go break in some new skidoo xrs's

#9 ·
i think thats because he just got it

#11 ·
In this thread
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58312
It's a 600 triple.
Now I'm not 100% sure, but am about 90% that you can't bore that particular motor to 670
I THINK that would require a new big bore top end kit of sorts that should include the mono-block jugs, slugs/rings, gasket kit, and probably require some machining to the bottom ent to make it all work together. possible new con rods too.

I'd like to hear from someone who knows more than I do on the XLT's to be 100% certain though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.