Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HI/LO button on my 1996 ZRT 600 is riping only the top is there, but the rubber inside is still around the metal piece, would I be able to melt the rubber to get it back together, and how much should a piece like that cost.

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
I don't know exactly, I did it on my 92 jag. I couldn't buy just the rubber, I had to buy the whole switch for 27$ american. Might want to check brownslesiure world for the part number. If you want used, check your local used parts dealer. good luck!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't find it on brownslesiure. Does anybody think it will melt, and fuse back together.

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/1996/1996ZRT600(96ZRF-1996)/HYDRAULICBRAKECONTROLASSEMBLY.htm
There is the link to where it is. It is number 15 or 16 on that list

OPPS. That link didn't work, you have to go there and look up the sled and click on hdyrolic assembly. It is located there. Pretty pricy. I don't think that you can melt it together.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that is expensive, I think i will just try to fix it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I never thought to use silicone, but is it good in the cold.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where should I put the silicone,on the outside, or on the inside, and how should I do it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You will have to put it on the out side don't use to much or your switch will stick . It would be better to get a new one after market should be cheaper. Used will end up the same way .

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just finished, I used this stuff called gloozit, it's used to repair tire tubes, and swimming tubes, it seemed to work ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts