Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 92 indy 650 triple rxl efi and i need to know if i chang it to standerd carbs do i half to chang the cdi box or scator plate or eneything to do with the fireing please help me asap befor our snow melts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
No you dont have to change them, it will run just fine

·
Registered
114 Posts
Before you get too far into it, check a couple of things with the intake ports. I tried to do the same with a 500 and found the following:
- intake is much larger on the efi
- boots don't match up between carb and tb's
- carb boots won't even mount to the cyl's

Just a caution with the 500, not sure if the same goes for the 650, but something to check first.

Jonesy.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
need to drill a hole in the crankcase and put a hose fitting into it. the hose goes to the fuel pump, it is the suction line which cause the fuel pump to work.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
need to drill a hole in the crankcase and put a hose fitting into it. the hose goes to the fuel pump, it is the suction line which cause the fuel pump to work.
it should be there, just plugged. My 91 rxl had it, just had to remove the plug and add the right fitting

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
IndyRXL said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
it should be there, just plugged. My 91 rxl had it, just had to remove the plug and add the right fitting
i know on the EFI twins, there is a casting mold in the same location where the suction line is on the carbed 500's, but it needs to be drilled out. RXLs might be different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks thare is a pluge for the fule pump all i needed to know is if i needed to change the cdi

if i tack the water pump belt off and turn the motor over will the timeing get throwed off

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The cdi and stator are fine.

You will not mess up your timing if you don't move the stator. (it is screwed down behind the flywheel, you did not move it)

Racing_joe66 said:
I am interested in buying your EFI after you take it off. Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
You just looking for spare parts, or several setups?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts