Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 poalris 600 xc sp and have decided to put some new lights on the sled this year. Bought some LED underglows which I have wired up and work great! I also bought a set of hids wired them up started the sled the bulb flickered than went out everytime i started it. I went to my dealer and bought a DC voltage regulator and wired it up yet still the lights won't work. Anyone have ideas of what to do i really don't want to put a battery in too i have done enough.

·
Registered
353 Posts
1) Did you test the HID's on the bench with a car batery prior to install and verify that they work?

2) Did you test the electrical output or sled with a multi-meter to verify that you have DC volatge for the HID's run on?

If #1 and #2 are Yes, then its time to add a small onboard battery.

If #1 is yes and #2 is no, then the dealer sold you the wrong component. I'm sure it wasn't cheap either.

Read my post, the 4th one down in this thread as well: http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/117230/display.aspx

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have leds on my 02 xcsp along with the hids with a battery and it works perfect so if you dont have a battery that may be the problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts