Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought sled friday, saturday started and it idled at 3k, thought its cold, no big deal, somtimes it would idle down to normal or 2k.
rode all day and it would idle at 3 to 4k all day long unless i gave it a prime that would bring it down to a constant 2 or less, where it should be but once i gave it a little extra throttle it would hop to 3 or 4 and hold steady.
any idea where the extra air is comming from?
i looked at carb boots, seem okay.
crank seals?

·
Registered
3 Posts
800mtnmod said:
bought sled friday, saturday started and it idled at 3k, thought its cold, no big deal, somtimes it would idle down to normal or 2k.
rode all day and it would idle at 3 to 4k all day long unless i gave it a prime that would bring it down to a constant 2 or less, where it should be but once i gave it a little extra throttle it would hop to 3 or 4 and hold steady.
any idea where the extra air is comming from?
i looked at carb boots, seem okay.
crank seals?
Spray a little starting fluid down around the crank seals....if it revs up you know your seals are gone!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never thought of that.. ill try it tonight, thanks

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
sled should idle around 1200 rpm
did you try setting the idle?
if so, check that you have free play in the throttle cable, if you don't it will not allow the slides to drop to the pins and idle.
if all looks ok, I would say you need to tune your carbs pilot and air screw, get your hands on a race manual, it will discribe the adjustments and determination quite well
also compare your jetting to the altitude chart for your area

1 - 4 of 4 Posts