Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
hey mad cow,
i am not trying to be a bad guy, nor am i pumped up but please watch out when your "riding like an animal out there". I just posted the perfect example of what could happen in my other post. Just use your head. Know where to do it. thanks!!!!

1992 arctic cat jag deluxe
1996 ZRT 600

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I usaully run out of nerve real fast. I make a good trail head because i will ride a little slower than the group may want but I have save a couple followers from crashing. I hope you like my reply in your story

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
ok guys, I'm gonna throw in my $0.02 here

1. yes, twins are alot more lightweight, better balanced for jumping

2. yes, triples have a broader powerband and in my experiance, more top end punch

3. no, twins don't have as broad a powerband as triples

4. yes, triples cost much more to buy and repair

ok, personally, I choose triples, but it's COMPLETELY preferance, if you're a hardcore snowcrosser, ofcourse you should get a twin, if you're a lakeracer, get a triple.

Farther up the post, I saw a 110mph on a stock twin 800, on a stock 700 triple, I've seen 137mph on radar (SRX)

but it's true, SRX's don't fly, they're heavy beasts, I know that mine is fast, that's why I got it, I'm a drag racer, but I wouldn't even dream of snowcrossing it, why? because nomatter how fast I get to the first corner, I'd have to dig it out and get back up on the track to continue, and we all know that THAT doesn't lead to winning a race.

My uncle is a yamaha dealer, and one of his mechanics cousins works for a ski-doo dealer, and ya know what? we all run together every weekend. This winter Ryan (skidoo guy) was running an MXZX 800 twin, and my uncle was running a Viper, and the viper would walk away from the MXZX at every straightaway, but when we got into the hairpins, the MXZ would start closing the gap (not fast, but vipers are light, if it hadda been an SRX, the MXZ would have been right on his ass) it's totally preference and riding style, the skidoo guys say it, and so do I, I agree with them totally

if you want a lake rocket, get a triple
if you want a trail rocket, get a twin

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i dont agree on the trail it is how fast can your mind handle. I rode in the up on a saturday night rough trail and for a couple miles I overcame my nerve and ran down a new mxz700 with a little guy on it he thought that was a blast and my heart was pumping doing 80 flying from bump to bump then i would floor it and run up on his ass and flash my light that was awsome. a setup suspension can make up for any wight.

·
Registered
155 Posts
gee, that sounds safe...i hope you knew him at least

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah you better have known him or yuour are just a jerk. Personally that sounds pretty stupid to be doing. I usually get to the point where I am on the boarder of out of control then bnack off a little and run about there. That means like 40-50 on rough trails. ANd Triples can be pretty lightweight. The American SNowmobilers shootout claims the VIper to weigh less than the Polaris XC 800. but more weight is in the front so you are right on the jumping thing. I have seen some lightweight triple Yamahas do some pretty big jumping so if you actually know what you are doing there is nothing wrong with it. No offense I just mean if you know how to handle the more weight in the front end.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
well, one of the guys in the braaap pack rode a viper int he fargodome, i just don't think it's a popular sled around arial artists.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
they aren't. I have only seen like 2 pics of a Viper jumping. But I can say they fly nicely if you control them. Though the suspension as always leaves something ot be desired.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
The guy in the Braaap pack only rode a viper cuz his stupid Blade kept throwing him off.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Was it a race Viper or standard one? Most of the 2002 Race Vipers are twin 800s. At least teh ones Nakazawa and Vincent ride are.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
Was it a race Viper or standard one? Most of the 2002 Race Vipers are twin 800s. At least teh ones Nakazawa and Vincent ride are.

[/quote]
built by their teams, not offered from the factory. i'm sure this was a standard one beefed up for the jump. and the blade ordeal was pretty funny. i don't see how he didn't land a couple of those, he should have been able to adjust his weight and compensate to land.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
he was adjusting his weight to compensate, something on the left of the machine was collapsing when he landed. It was obvious that that side was bottoming out and tossing him off. There is no way you can critisize those guys, they basically live on a sled jumping, so it was the machine.

As for the Viper, it was a triple, you could hear that it was a triple.

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
ya I knew him it was my first time riding with them guys. they got a kick when me and my pig sled could run them down on the trailand pass them then slow down get back to the end and try to do it again.

no I dont act like a jerk on the trail i try to stop and check on any sled that is stopped to see if i can help. some day i might need it so i am putting money in the bank so to speak. I try to set an example by staying on trail were it says to always move over and slow down. if everyone did that there would be no mad people calling other people names.

eric or anyone needs to come my way for some lake racing but then we can take my parts out to the lake and see what we can get your sled to do!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:
he was adjusting his weight to compensate, something on the left of the machine was collapsing when he landed. It was obvious that that side was bottoming out and tossing him off. There is no way you can critisize those guys, they basically live on a sled jumping, so it was the machine.

As for the Viper, it was a triple, you could hear that it was a triple.

I love B&M Coasters!
[/quote]
well, i wasn't exactly on that side of the dome so i wasn't aware of that.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

21 - 35 of 35 Posts