Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Fanatics, I have a 03 Ski doo Rev 800, went out for another ride this past Thursday absolutly spectacular, machine performed out climbing 05 Polaris 900. I used to be a Polaris man no disrespect intended! My issue I am having is that when we are descending at day end from about 5800Ft on down my RPM seems to stay up anywhere from 3000 to 3500 and if I stop it takes a long time to recover to a nominal idle. Also a exclamation mark idiot light flickers on and off when this situation occurs I assume this is the overheating light but as I bought this machine used I not familiar with all the idiot lights. I had my scratchers out and snow conditions were good as far as getting snow for the cooling. Anyone had any similar issues. Safe Riding! Cheers!

·
Registered
183 Posts
you are jetted for the higher altitude and too lean in either the needle section or the pilots. You did not give a throttle position so hard to know

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
heres a link to the manual for a 2003 summit series sled.
http://www.operatorsguide.brp.com/default.aspx?brands=skidoo&lang=e&type=og

Hopefully it will help on a few questions about your sled, other questions feel free to ask here at SF, Theres a lot of very knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Fanatics, speedracer pointed out that I didn't give a throttle position when I get the high reving as I am decending in altitude. I can have the throttle released to what should be the idle position as I am coming down some sections and the engine speed stays up causing sometimes what feels like the belt still engaged so it is still pulling you.[:0]I will then give it a quick burst of throttle and let it back to idle and this will sometimes help but the speed and recovery back to an idle seem to take a long time. When we do arrive at the trucks and I come to a full stop the engine RPM is very high not high enough to engage the clutch but way above normal and the recovery time back to a proper idle situation to me seemsto take a bit of time. As far as the idiot light flickering on I will let you know which one it is when I get more paper for the printer.[:(]Thanks to all Replies!Ride Safe!Cheers!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
the lower you get the more air you get the leaner the sled, and usually cooler at the end of the day. Check with a local doo dealer and see if they have changed pilot jets from stock and see what you have, or you may need to just set your air screw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts