Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 MXZ 600 can't get over 6500 rpm without missing. No matter how much throttle you give it won't change. Gets full revs up on the track stand but out in the field it stutters. Cleaned RAVEs and still no diff. If anyone has ideas they would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
ryan.zadorozniak said:
1999 MXZ 600 can't get over 6500 rpm without missing. No matter how much throttle you give it won't change. Gets full revs up on the track stand but out in the field it stutters. Cleaned RAVEs and still no diff. If anyone has ideas they would be appreciated. Thanks
Believe it or not I ran into this problem once before and it was a spark plug. Machine would run perfect except for high rpm's. Drove me nut's. Easy try anyway.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
When it's on the stand the clutches don't have to work so hard to move the track.When was the last time the clutches were cleaned up??? I personally would go after clutching, unless you have already eliminated clutches from the equation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ultrawillie said:
When it's on the stand the clutches don't have to work so hard to move the track.When was the last time the clutches were cleaned up??? I personally would go after clutching, unless you have already eliminated clutches from the equation.
we did pull both clutches apart to clean and check em and they both looked alright. that was my exact same thought was that since it wasn't working hard on the stand it would be clutching but no diff seen... unless we missed something in the clutches??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Maybe you are not getting the proper fuel at wide open when you are working the sled. Like fuel pump,plugged fuel filter,Dirty main jets

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys. turns out one of the posts to hold the float in the carb was causing my issue... but as always there is always something else. blew out my base gasket for some reason on the first good test ride :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts