Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get my '00 Rmk to have a higher stance? I just set the spring block to its highest setting now will the front strap need to be set to a lower hole and will this enable the front to come up more? And by the looks of the front suspension there is no way to raise it up is there? I was out riding yesterday and got into 3ft snow and it seemed not high enough to get me up and over some the 6ft drifts! Was stuck for about an hour digging myself out of one of them, last time I go out working by myself!!!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
The spring setting only controls the firmness of the ride. To get your sled up higher in the rear you can get some drop brackets or there should be a hole on the rear bracket just under the tunnel. I will try to find a pic for you.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the limiter strap used for? And is there anything to get the front up some also?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not much you can do on the front that I know of. The strap is to help adjust the weight transfer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wouldn't mess with the limiter strap unless you know what your doing to loose/tight you could be wheelieing everywhere including into trees I'm not 100 percent sure but i think the looser it is the more pressure it puts on the ski's and the tighter the less pressure on ski's therefore wheelies

·
Registered
725 Posts
Originally posted by moto_racer05
[br]I wouldn't mess with the limiter strap unless you know what your doing to loose/tight you could be wheelieing everywhere including into trees I'm not 100 percent sure but i think the looser it is the more pressure it puts on the ski's and the tighter the less pressure on ski's therefore wheelies
actually, you are backwards, the looser the straps are = less ski pressure, tighter = more ski pressure.

·
Registered
317 Posts
what he said^^^

·
Registered
474 Posts
The limiter strap does what it says, limits the suspension travel. If you loosen the strap, it will change the weight transfer and make the ski's pick up easier off the ground for lighter stearing or if you loosen it alot it will make the ski's constantly want to raise off the ground. Tightening the straps just put more weight on the ski's and less weight transfer. Check the suspension rails for different mounting holes for your rear swing arms, you could possibly increase the angle thus changing the angle of attack the front of the track will take at the snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts