Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
had over 13,000 miles on a 1988 exciter berfore it was apart

had 18,000 Kilometers on a 1980 440 exciter before that had anything done.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sadly can not say the same for either of my phazers. They both popped around 4000. Nice to hear some high miles though. 18k is crazy. Keep racking them up that is if we ever get snow.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My 1985 Phazer had over 19,000 miles on it and the motor had never been touched when I put a used piston and rings on one side (it only had 3,500 miles on it!). And the only reason it needed the piston was because the oil feed line had come off that side years before and caused a seizure. I put the oil line back on, dumped a little oil in the cylinder and started it up and kept using it. Ran great.
After a few thousand miles a knock on that side at idle that was getting louder started to bother me. The old piston had a cracked skirt.
Never touched the cylinder, it was well within wear limits. Used one half of a new base gasket on that side, same head gasket. It was a little low on power until the rings seated in. Runs fine now.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
my neighbors phazer 500 has 14,000-17,000 miles on it he just rebuilt the motor this year with 0 miles on it

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got 7,055 on a 1997 Mountain Max 700 Triple, Always starts on the 4th pull when its cold. Motor has never been touched and Each clyinder has 125 PSI. This topic makes me feel better seeing other high mile yamahas.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've got an old 94 phazer with arond 18000km's. the engines never been touched as far as I know except for the time that the bolts holding the cylinder on came loose and 2 of them fell out. put them back on and retorqued them and she ran good as new.
Also one time I left it sitting out side for a few weeks with a custom intake(two pieces of pvc pipe coming through the hood. the engine filled up with water and froze. I had a 5 foot bar in the cluch trying to get it to turn over. left it in the shop for a day, took the spark plugs out and turned it over, shot a gallon of water/ slush at the roof, put the plug back in and it fierd right up.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
seems to be a fad yamahas= high miles sleds that are still running.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts