Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I bought a 1995 Arctic Cat zr580 and I plan on putting some highriser bars on, except I don't know much about it. I have read about it as much as I can, but I dont know how high I should go or what kind of steering post my sled has :S So if anyone can give me some direction on buying some bars, it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It depends on your riding style on how high you should go. If ride standing up a lot i would recommend standing straight up on your sled put your hands about where you want the bars to be then go up 1 inch from there.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
How tall are you? are the sled's bars stock right now?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
You looking to do just a riser, or a whole new bar setup?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jesse500 said:
You looking to do just a riser, or a whole new bar setup?
Well the bars stock are ridiculously low and i'd rather spend the money and save my back. Plus I hear that risers are an amazing investment so as long as my bars will fit the riser and some handguards, I don't see a reason in spending more money than I have to. At least for this season.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Ok.. Get yourself a 6" Riser with a Pivot. You will probably need a new extended brake line, and a new throttle extension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jesse500 said:
Ok.. Get yourself a 6" Riser with a Pivot. You will probably need a new extended brake line, and a new throttle extension.
See that's what I was thinking, and I found some universal pivot riser system in the new Royal Distributing catalog but it says it only fits flat steering posts - how do I know if that's what I have?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
You're going to have a flat steering post, so you're going to need a pivot adapter for a pivot riser, if you go that route. Unless you get a Rox style, which has an adapter essentially built into it.

If you want to stay cheap, I would simply purchase a angled stationary riser from RSI or Oles Machine. They are cut at an offset angle to make the bars to straight up from the steering post. You should be able to go 3-4 inches of rise with the stock cables. That should make a huge difference.

It's hard to say how much rise is necessary, as everybody prefers a different setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts