Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my personal favorites.

Approx. 7.5mb
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/flange99/index/Sledding/Turtle-Hillclimb-Darren.mpg

Early in the video, as the camera slowly follows me, be sure to notice the two Summits, a 700 and an 800, both of which have the hoods up! The boys were busy re-clutchin' cause the kitty was spanking them....bad...real bad! Now I don't normally spout off about much. I've been around long enough to know that a guy can get beat on any given Sunday. But in this case, the doo boys had been knocking the kitty all week long...they hadn't seen her yet! Oh sure ya say, "A 900 should beat an 8, and definitely beat a 700"...I agree. But nobody told the doo boys! All I kept hearing was...Beak...beak...beak!

So back to the vid...
The boys took a few pokes at this hill and made it about 3/4 the way up before turning out. I'd been playing around over on the left side of the hill and hadn't taken a run at this part yet. The base of the hill was really rough so it was difficult to build any amount of speed while on the flat. You pretty much had to putt up to it and then clamp it. So, after a short break and some more beaking followed by a small wager, Flange took a run up the guts. Hehehe...I think the video speaks for itself. Man o man were they pissed at me! They bought the beer that night! Boy do they ever hate this video! LOL!

Isn't this why we do what we do???

Flange

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
awesome video, i don't think the video really shows how steep that is....[:D]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Heh, heh, heh.....that's an awesome story, and vid. Don't cha just love having vidio proof you can always pull out when your buds start talking trash!

Love seeing the snow just SHOOTIN' out the back as you're climbing the hill. Very cool.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by dgerlach55033
[br]awesome video, i don't think the video really shows how steep that is....[:D]
You're right...pictures and video never do it justice. The only way is to have two people standing on the sidehill, one above the other. When they are only 3' apart, and the lower guys head is level with the higher guys waist, then you can appreciate how steep a hill is.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
thats pretty funny, cool vid..

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
that is awsome

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe 2-3 feet. The rocks that Vinny mentions was actually the foot of a shear cliff. I was confident that day, but not stupid...I was pretty sure I couldn't climb it! LOL!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
LOL. Are all these clips from one movie? Or are they clips from different days. If it is a long movie I would love to see the whole thing...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a series of short clips on one tape, all from various days. It seems I've never got the camera out when I should and we miss sooo much action. I'm considering buying a helmet cam. www.helmetcamera.com

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
The Helmet CAM rocks. Make sure to get the microphone.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
LOL...that would be awsome, helmet cam and hearing guy riding going "HELL YA" or "OH SHIT".........

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Making sled videos is great but they arent the same if you cant hear the engines... Unfortunately I dont get to hear everyone elses "Oh Shits" I get to hear my own LOL. I took it out to Lake Tahoe last year and we went for a guided ride, once the guides knew we could ride he started taking us off trail boondocking it was awesome to watch when we got back to the house. Someday i will get around to putting the vids on DVD, got a lot of editing to do though...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You sure can spend a lot of time editing! Damn, I just realized that the helmet cam needs an A/V INPUT (duh!). Mine only has an output. I'm pooched...so much for the helmet cam idea.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I'm not positive but i believe my camera's in and out are the same hook up. You may want to look at your manual. It's been a few months since i looked at it. i will check tonight. I have a 7 year old sony camera and it works.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a look at the book and it doesn't say anything about recording from a TV or other source. I'm sure glad I reviewed the instructions for the helmet cam before I bought it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Been away for a while,... was nice to see the backside of Revy!!!! kewl vid, my friend... might see u up there one of these weekends. (or maybe I already have,... just didn't know) We always stay at the powder cat lodge.
Cheers
[red]TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED DUE TO THE ISP AND OTHER RELATED INFO BEING POSTED AS THIS TOPIC IS BEING READ.[/red]

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I unlocked the topic, because that little thing showing IP and stuff only showed the user's IP, nobody elses so it isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ha yall got it right , the cam N E V E R does justis to the
S T E E P , im a jumper in WA/ID/MT and got some EXALENT footage, im just not sure how to get it put on the sight, nice clime ya did, my sled is a polaris AIRPLANE yes despite what everyone telling me I know my polaris is made to fly and ill prove it, i just gotta get the vid. on the sight later daze

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by snowmobile dave
[br]Ha yall got it right , the cam N E V E R does justis to the
S T E E P , im a jumper in WA/ID/MT and got some EXALENT footage, im just not sure how to get it put on the sight, nice clime ya did, my sled is a polaris AIRPLANE yes despite what everyone telling me I know my polaris is made to fly and ill prove it, i just gotta get the vid. on the sight later daze
LOL!

Welcome to TUSF.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts