Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always see new generation, old generation, standard, evolved, etc with regard to the body style of the many excellent Polaris sleds out there. Can anyone tell me how to distinguish these different chassis types? Maybe by model or year? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hood styles kind of seem to cross-over in the change-up years.
I think that I've got this right.
Eric or Polaris-man, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
All photos from P-Man's great Polaris sled reference site.
http://www.geocities.com/polaris-man/home.htm
Original.....
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/orig.jpg
Evolved.......
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/evolvd.jpg
Aggressor.......
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/agrsr.jpg
Gen2.......
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/gen2.jpg
Edge......
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/edge.jpg

Live to ride, ride to live.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
You got em right

Some call the original the "indy" chassis.

Aggressor is also known as Aggressive

Once polarisfiles.com is finished, we will have this info.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outstanding. Mine is the Indy or standard as noted by 500fasEnuf. I must say the Aggressor is my least favorite. Reminds me of some of those old Yamahas.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I agree, the aggressive chassis is ugly IMO. I inquired at 5 different places today on a sled in the "Pro X" chassis

That would be my favorite now!

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love mine. something about the square boxy look and the color is clutch! Deep Blue Saphire Metallic. I think I would take the edge also. However I thought I heard mixed opinions on it. So what is the What is the Pro X?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
This should give u a good idea on what I'm gonna be riding this winter

http://www.maximumsled.com/articles/2003_prox/polaris_pro_x.asp

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I think I remember you saying you wanted the 600? GET IT ALREADY!! If my riding style was trails and ditchbanging, you better believe the 600 Pro X would be my first choice - and it seems that this is your riding style so quit bullsh#iting around a buy it! I bet you won't be disapointed, oh and until I read that article from your link; I myself didn't realize how much new stuff was on the new Pro X!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
i would love to get a Pro X 600 but I would need to put Works shocks on at least the rear cause I just don't ride that hard that much. I can ride hard and ditch bang but I don't do it enough to need a full out sled for it.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'd love to just go out and buy it, but it's really expensive. 9700 canadian dollars plus 14% tax. I may have found a buyer for my XCR though. He's letting me know in a coupla weeks. if he buys, then I will probably buy, since if he buys I won't have a sled.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I like to call it the "Flying Wedge"

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
original is also called Wedge. This link lets you know what I may be riding this winter http://www.nothing.com

[/quote]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I fell for it.....!

Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
hmm nothing.com is something.... ok how about http://www.IDontHaveASledThisYear.com ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sled Dog, did I miss something? Why no sled this year?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
What a sucka I am........I fell for it too.

Go to www.kevisabigsuckaforclickn.com to see my expression.
Maybe we should turn this into a poll, but,
Hate the aggressor.......
don't mind wedge,
LOVE gen2,
don't like edge.
Hey......is that a high a high coo?
Never liked any sled with a white hood, no offence to you
mid-90's XCR guys out there.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't have a problem with the looks of the Agressive chassis but it was a lead weight and not a very good ride. My last sled was a 96 XCR 600 SP on the Agressive chassis. And I sold it thats why I have no sled. I should say my dad sold it. I don't get a single cent of that money :( there being to reason for no sled this year. He says my next sled I have to help buy but being as I am 17 and all the money I made this summer was blown on my car insurance thats not happenning.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by 500fasEnuf:

/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/evolvd.jpg

[/quote]

That's my sled

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow that is tough stuff. You must have sold the sled to help pay for the car or something like that right? Mmmmmm...... hope you survive. Either that or you will drive you dad mental to the point where he will cave and buy you a sled. Best of luck to you. This situation is almost as disapointing a story as our past winter. Ouch!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts