Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought a really neat used two seat pull-behind sleigh on skis for $25 and will need a hitch on my 91 Indy 650 to pull it. My snowmobile is just a plain old 650 (triple cylinder).....not the sks or other models. Does anyone know if I can attach a self made hitch to the rear bumper / handle? I know the bumper bar is made of metal but im not sure what kind of metal and don't know if it will handle the stress. I know there is a hitch kit out there but hear its a pain to install. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The hitch is easy to install. Two holes in the bumper and two in the tunnel under the seat. I have a old one lying in the garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it the seat has to be removed for the hitch installation? How difficult is it to take off the seat? Thanks for taking the time to read and reply....I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Taking off the seat is fairly easy. There should be 2 bolts in the little storage compartment on the back of the seat that come up through the tunnel. Just take those 2 bolts out and then when you get the seat loose, disconect the taillight wiring harness from under the seat and then remove seat. Very easy to do. And it's reverse for installing the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just my two cents, the triples have a higher engagement and will be effected by pull weight more than most sleds, keep the weight down and forewarn the passangers and you'll have great trail fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts